This is an exciting opportunity for a Graduate to join our passionate and knowledgeable team as a Graduate Manager. You will be working to support the Operations Management team in the improvement of manufacturing performance at our Hilcote, Derbyshire manufacturing facility.
What will you be doing?
As part of the production team, the Graduate Manager will learn to design and develop the lean and flexible manufacturing processes required to deliver at-rate and right-first-time products to our customers. Working alongside production engineers, team leaders and operators you will use engineering and process improvement tools and techniques to develop operational excellence in the injection moulding, extrusion, and assembly processes within our business.
You will be exposed to and mentored in several types of problem solving / improvement techniques 5 why, Fish Bone, Pareto analysis, OEE analysis and Value Stream Mapping. You will also be trained in soft skill techniques such as team building, buy in skills, confidence building, meeting etiquette and format. This will culminate in you running your own projects with actual savings to the business.
As a Graduate Manager you will be tasked with individual projects targeting improvement of current production processes. You will be expected to research, analyse and create real added value in the area of production process improvement. Whilst challenging, the opportunity and real possibility that your engineering project could both contribute significantly to the organisations knowledge base and be incorporated into live manufacturing processes upon completion.
What will I get in return?
As part of the Radius Group, we offer a competitive starting salary and extensive benefits package. In addition, you will be supported and mentored building your experience and moulding your career. The one thing you can be sure of is that you can have an exciting and varied career at Radius, where only you set the boundaries to your success.
- Pension - we offer a competitive pension through Legal & General, Radius will match your contribution up to a maximum of 5%. In addition, all employees receive life assurance cover.
- Benefits - we offer a wide range of employee benefits including a childcare vouchers, paid sick leave, group income protection, discounted breakdown insurance and retail vouchers to name a few.
Hours of work for this role will be 8am till 5pm Monday to Friday, with some flexibility around projects.
What we are looking for
- A valid UK driving licence.
- The right to live and work in the UK.
- Good engineering / technical knowledge
- Be a competent PC user.
- Experience of statistics and process modelling highly desirable.
- Previous experience within a manufacturing environment is desirable
- Good team player able to work well with and influence others.
Be predicted or achieved a minimum 2:1 degree in an engineering / manufacturing / materials degree or equivalent.
Accepted degree subjects
- electronic and electrical engineering
- aerospace engineering
- engineering management
- computer sciences and information technology
- civil engineering and construction
- chemical engineering
- transport engineering
- materials science
- mechanical engineering
Additional job details
- Kirkby-in-Ashfield · South Normanton
salary dependent on experience
How to apply
Still Interested? If so, we would love to hear from you! In order to find out more and apply, please click below to register and submit your CV. We will be in touch with you after your application to tell you about the next stages
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 23 August 2022
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 23 August 2022