Are you looking for a great opportunity to join a passionate and dynamic Product Development Team? As a Graduate Product Development Engineer, you will use your skills to create or assist in creating, product designs that fulfil the company’s requirements and those of the customer/client. If you are inquisitive with a ‘can do’ attitude and an enthusiastic outlook, we will support you and help you attain your goals through sharing knowledge and our tailored employee programme of continued development.
Interested? Please read more about this great opportunity.
What will be my responsibilities as a Graduate Product Development Engineer?
As part of the Product Development team, using an operating procedure/framework founded on stage and gate principles, perform one or more of the following duties as assigned by the Innovation and Technology Director, the Development Services Manager, or the Project Team Leader, to support the organisations’ goals.
- To work in concert with other engineer’s or alone, as the engineering resource to teams responsible for delivering major development projects or multiple simultaneous smaller projects.
- Work closely with other team members and stakeholders, to ensure that the product design is viewed from a system wide perspective.
- Lead, participate in, or support, the following product development activities.
- Concept, planning, design and execution stages of major new products or product improvements/enhancements.
- Risk assessment exercises.
- Prototyping and testing concept designs and engineering builds.
- Pilot production.
- Design reviews.
- Design verification testing.
- Pre-production proving trials.
- Lead or assist in developing formal project plans with project team members and stakeholders.
- Research design options and perform trials as necessary to determine design feasibility.
- Interact with internal and external design / manufacturing resources to ensure design is process capable, i.e. repeatable, robust and effective.
- Report the status of authorised projects using the One Page Project Management procedure to ensure that any issues preventing the project from being delivered on time/in full are captured and communicated.
What will I get in return?
As part of the Radius Group, we offer a competitive starting salary and an extensive benefits package.
In addition, you will be supported and mentored to build your experience and mould your career. The one thing you can be sure of, is that you can have an exciting career with wide-ranging experiences at Radius, where only you can select the boundaries to your success.
- Holidays – Starting at 25 days’ annual leave plus statutory holidays, increasing with service.
- Pension - We offer a competitive pension scheme through Legal & General. Radius will match your contribution up to a maximum of 5%. In addition, all employees receive Life Assurance cover.
What we are looking for
We are looking for the right person and it is important for us that you have/are:
- A degree in an engineering discipline (preferably mechanical engineering) or a related technical discipline for example materials technology.
- Excellent problem solving, planning and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills. You must be able to communicate effectively and engage with people at all levels both within and outside the business
- Numerically minded with a ‘can do’ attitude and a determination to deliver results in a timely manner.
- Ingenuity/originality – willing to challenge 'existing practice'.
Accepted degree subjects
- transport engineering
- aerospace engineering
- chemical engineering
- mechanical engineering
- computer sciences and IT
- electronic and electrical engineering
- engineering management
- civil engineering and construction
How to apply
Still interested? We would love to hear from you! In order to find out more and apply for this fantastic opportunity, please click the apply button to register and submit your CV. We will be in touch with you once we have evaluated your application to let you know the next stage of our application process.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31/05/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31/05/2018
Additional job details
Up to £25k
Salary dependent on skills and experience. We offer a wide range of employee benefits including Childcare Vouchers, Occupational Sick Pay Plan, Group Income Protection, discounted breakdown insurance and retail vouchers to name a few.