Raleigh Expedition is an overseas volunteering programme for 17-24 year olds. We run life-changing expeditions to Malaysian Borneo, Tanzania, Nepal, Nicaragua and Costa Rica. A four, five, seven or 10-week expedition provides exposure to different people, new cultures, situations, and environments. Adventure is at the heart of it.
You will get the chance to take part in up to three projects, dependent on the length of your expedition: community, environmental and adventure.
Volunteers live in a homestay with a local family, work on sustainable projects in remote communities or national parks with an international team, and take part in an adrenaline-fuelled trek through unique and stunning landscapes. You will be challenged to achieve things you didn’t know you were capable of and return home with the power to create lasting change.
- Immerse yourself in a remote community – learn about local life and customs
- Work on meaningful community led projects, contributing to the Global Goals
- Take part in an adventure trek. Challenge yourself, see amazing scenery and wildlife and sleep under the stars
- Make your CV stand out -– develop key skills that will set you up for the future
- Make genuine, lasting friendships and grow a network which covers the globe
Expeditions take place three times a year, starting in February, March, June, July, October and November.
Raleigh International is a sustainable development organisation with more than 30 years of expertise in working through, for and with young people to create lasting change.
With our project partners, local communities, funders, and over 42,000 previous local and international volunteers, we form a global community who are passionate about working together to build a sustainable future.
Accepted degree subjects
Costa Rica · Malaysia · Nepal · Nicaragua · Tanzania
How to apply
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 13/03/2019