Expedition is a unique mixture of impactful projects, personal discovery and adventure. Expedition brings young people together from all over the world to create lasting change in developing countries. Volunteers live and work alongside local communities in Costa Rica, Nepal and Tanzania.
For more than 30 years' we have run Raleigh Expedition. You will help find solutions to tackling some of the world’s problems together. You’ll build memories and develop leadership and teamwork skills to apply to your future career and personal life. It’s a volunteer experience that you will never forget.
During the expedition you will meet new people, become part of the local community and learn first-hand about local culture. We ensure that communities have the skills and knowledge to continue work done together after you leave.
Volunteers can choose to go on a 4, 5 ,7 or 10 week expedition to Tanzania, Nepal and Costa Rica.
Expeditions take place three times a year, starting in February, March, June, July, October and November.
Volunteers will get the chance to take part in up to three development projects, dependent on the length of their expedition: community, environmental and adventure.
- Immerse yourself in a remote community
- Achieve a sustainable impact
- Develop key skills that will set you up for the future
- Be part of an international team of volunteers
What we are looking for
- Volunteers need to be 17-24 years old over to participate.
- Our expeditions are open to all nationalities. You will need a basic level of English so you can follow health and safety instructions. We welcome people from all over the world, regardless of background, education, skills and experience.
- We ask volunteers to share our belief in young people’s ability to create change. You’ll also need a positive attitude and an open mind. If you want to challenge yourself and learn about different cultures, then a Raleigh Expedition could be for you.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 13/03/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details
|Location||Costa Rica · Nepal · Tanzania|