Raleigh Expedition is a life-changing overseas volunteer programme for 17-24 year olds. Volunteers can choose to do an Expedition in Malaysian Borneo, Tanzania, Nepal, and Nicaragua & Costa Rica. A four, five, seven or 10-week Expedition provides exposure to different people, new cultures, situations, and environments. Adventure is at the heart of it.
Expeditions take place three times a year, starting in February, March, June, July, October and November.
Volunteers will get the chance to take part in up to three development projects, dependent on the length of their expedition: community, environmental and adventure.
Volunteers live in a homestay with a local family, work on sustainable projects in remote communities or national parks with an international team, and take part in an adrenaline-fuelled trek through unique and stunning landscapes. Volunteers will be challenged to achieve things they didn’t know they were capable of and return home with the power to create lasting change.
- Immerse yourself in a remote community – learn about local life and customs
- Work on meaningful community led projects – contribute to the Global Goals
- Make your CV stand out – develop key skills that will set you up for the future
- Make genuine, lasting friendships – grow a network which covers the globe
What we are looking for
- Volunteers need to be 17-24 years old over to participate.
- Our Expeditions are open to all nationalities. You will need a basic level of English so you can follow health and safety instructions. We welcome people from all over the world, regardless of background, education, skills and experience.
- We ask volunteers to share our belief in young people’s ability to create change. You’ll also need a positive attitude and an open mind. If you want to challenge yourself and learn about different cultures, then a Raleigh Expedition could be for you.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 13/03/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details
|Location||Costa Rica, Malaysia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Tanzania|
|Additional location information||Borneo|