Redgate is looking for an Information Systems Intern to join our team for 10 weeks to support and improve the life of Redgate users.
Reporting to the Senior Systems Administrator, you’ll be working closely with the service desk team to provide technical support to Redgate users in an environment where top quality IT is the foundation to working effectively. You will learn about a range of new technologies and how Redgate utilizes both the Cloud and on-premises infrastructure to deliver its services.
You’ll have the opportunity to lead and deliver your own projects with assistance from the IS team and you will get to interact and work with individuals across Redgate and use your problem solving skills to identify and resolve their issues. The IS team strives to empower Redgaters so fresh ideas and a new approach are always welcome.
Working with the team is really important in providing support that’s above and beyond a traditional service desk. The team will mentor and support you through your internship, work with you to complete tasks and projects, and make sure you have a fantastic time.
To learn more about what it’s like to work at Redgate, take a look at our blog.
“I worked in a team with a relaxed and trusting attitude where I had the opportunity to work on and learn from real world projects that actually mattered to the people of Redgate.” Joel Speed, IS Intern 2015 and 2016
What’s the package?
- You’ll be working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, with flexible hours
- You’ll receive £380 per week
- You’ll start in July for a minimum of ten weeks over the summer holiday
You’ll get some great Redgate benefits, including:
- A relaxed and professional environment
- No dress code
- Free parking
- Free breakfast and lunch
- Regular social activities and events with fellow Redgaters and interns
What makes you redgate’s next information systems intern?
- You have a good knowledge and passion for IT and technology
- You have experience with the Microsoft Windows operating system
- You’ve got a desire to learn new technology, and you have an idea about how IT can empower users
- You’re working towards a computer science or other technical degree
- You have the ability to work well within the IS team and also with individuals across the business
- You’re an excellent problem solver
- You’ve got a strong desire to contribute ideas for improvement and work with other team members to help implement them
- You have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong relationships quickly and effectively
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You’re a proactive team player who treats others reasonably
Qualifications and experience requirements
What would help?
- Having experience with Mac OS X and/or Linux operating systems
- An interest in cloud-based services such as Amazon EC2, Microsoft Azure or Heroku
- Some exposure to Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange would be beneficial
- An awareness of deployment or automation tools such as Microsoft SCCM, Chef or Puppet
- Having a basic understanding of network infrastructure
Accepted degree subjects
£380 per week
Contract and working hours
How to apply
To apply, simply upload your CV and covering letter or get in touch if you’d like to talk to us first.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 21/09/2017