We’re looking for seven software interns to join us for ten weeks in July 2019.
Redgate aspires to be the best place you’ll ever work, let alone intern. We strongly believe being an intern isn’t about watching people working, it’s about doing real work from day one, on things that make a real difference.
As a fully-fledged member of one of our development teams, you will work on real features and get the opportunity to see it all through to the very end, so you know you’ve made a real difference. As a result, you’ll experience how our development teams go about creating software, including the design, implementation, and testing of features.
Interns work in small, autonomous teams with software engineers, usability experts, and a technical lead to create elegant commercial software; teamwork is very important to us. You will have a dedicated mentor to help you through your internship, answer any questions, and make sure you have a great time.
To learn more about what it’s like to work at Redgate, take a look at our blog.
What we’ll offer you:
- A chance to work with an experienced agile development team
- We’ll help you bridge the gap between coding simple functions to engineering software that ships to thousands of customers
- We’ll help develop you into a software expert, shaping requirements and estimates, writing great code and shipping features
- We’ll cultivate your technical knowledge with design patterns, test-driven development, peer-review, code katas and more
What’s the package?
- You’ll be working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, with flexible hours
- You’ll start in July for a minimum of ten weeks over the summer holiday
You’ll get some great Redgate benefits, including:
- A relaxed and professional environment
- No dress code
- Free parking
- Free breakfast and lunch
- Regular social activities and events with fellow Redgaters and interns
What we are looking for
What makes you a redgate’s next software intern?
- You’re naturally bright-eyed and bushy-tailed with a passion for software
- You have a profound understanding of the value of teamwork
- You have an excellent academic record or you have demonstrable technical aptitude
- Your grades haven’t been affected by your extra-curricular exploits with your favourite coding languages
You’re at least a year into your university degree, studying a relevant discipline.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Number of vacancies
- £380 per week
How to apply
Simply upload your CV and covering letter via the Apply button, or get in touch if you’d like to talk to us first.
Unfortunately, we are not able to offer sponsorship for internships at Redgate, so please bare this in mind when applying for the role. If you have any questions about this, please do get in touch.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 19 September 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment