“I’ve learnt lots. I haven’t been side-lined off. I was thrown in straight away, coding by day two on real codebases! I’ve been trusted to get on and do good work, with help and support as and when I’ve needed it.” Matt Harrison, past Software Intern.
We’re looking for five software interns to join us for ten weeks in July 2018.
Redgate aspires to be the best place you’ll ever work, let alone intern. We strongly believe being an intern isn’t about watching people working, it’s about doing real work from day one, on things that make a real difference.
As a fully-fledged member of one of our development teams, you will work on real features and get the opportunity to see it all through to the very end, so you know you’ve made a real difference. As a result, you’ll experience how our development teams go about creating software, including the design, implementation, and testing of features.
Interns work in small, autonomous teams with software engineers, usability experts, and a technical lead to create elegant commercial software; teamwork is very important to us. You will have a dedicated mentor to help you through your internship, answer any questions, and make sure you have a great time.
To learn more about what it’s like to work at Redgate, take a look at our blog.
What we’ll offer you
- A chance to work with an experienced agile development team
- We’ll help you bridge the gap between coding simple functions to engineering software that ships to thousands of customers
- We’ll help develop you into a software expert, shaping requirements and estimates, writing great code and shipping features
- We’ll cultivate your technical knowledge with design patterns, test-driven development, peer-review, code katas and more
Starting: July 2018.
This is the most exciting time there’s ever been to work in the software space in general and the database world specifically. Continuous delivery practices, once the domain of Agile developers who were pushing the envelope of software development, have moved into the enterprise. The database needs to keep up too and at Redgate we’re making it possible.
We make ingeniously simple software used by 650,000 IT professionals working on the Microsoft data platform. More than 100,000 companies use our products, including 91% of the Fortune 100. Our philosophy is to design highly usable, reliable software which elegantly solves the problems developers and database administrators face every day.
We’re privately owned and employ about 230 people in Cambridge, Pasadena and Austin. We’ve been repeatedly recognised as one of the UK’s best employers, and we’re ranked as one of the best internships in the country by Rate My Placement for a scheme of our size.
What makes you redgate's next software intern?
- You’re naturally bright-eyed and bushy-tailed with a passion for software
- You have a profound understanding of the value of teamwork
- You’re at least a year into your university degree, studying a relevant discipline
- You have an excellent academic record or you have demonstrable technical aptitude
- Your grades haven’t been affected by your extra-curricular exploits with your favourite coding languages
Accepted degree subjects
A relaxed and professional environment, free food, free parking, no dress code, social events.
Contract and working hours
Fixed term · Full-time
How to apply
Number of vacancies: Five
Our philosophy of simplicity extends to our recruitment process. There are no application forms or assessment centres, and you’ll be interviewed by the people you’ll work with. Simply head to our website to apply.
To apply, simply upload your CV and covering letter via the Apply button, or get in touch if you’d like to talk to us first.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 20/09/2018