We’re looking for eight software interns to join us for ten weeks in July 2017.
Redgate aspires to be the best place you’ll ever work, let alone intern. We strongly believe being an intern isn’t about watching people working, it’s about doing real work from day one, on things that make a real difference.
As a fully-fledged member of one of our development teams, you will work on real features and get the opportunity to see it all through to the very end, so you know you’ve made a real difference. As a result, you’ll experience how our development teams go about creating software, including the design, implementation, and testing of features.
Interns work in small, autonomous teams with software engineers, usability experts, and a technical lead to create elegant commercial software; teamwork is very important to us. You will have a dedicated mentor to help you through your internship, answer any questions, and make sure you have a great time.
To learn more about what it’s like to work at Redgate, take a look at our blog.
“I’ve learnt lots. I haven’t been side-lined off. I was thrown in straight away, coding by day two on real codebases! I’ve been trusted to get on and do good work, with help and support as and when I’ve needed it.” Matt Harrison, Software Intern 2016
What we’ll offer you
- A chance to work with an experienced agile development team.
- We’ll help you bridge the gap between coding simple functions to engineering software that ships to thousands of customers.
- We’ll help develop you into a software expert, shaping requirements and estimates, writing great code and shipping features.
- We’ll cultivate your technical knowledge with design patterns, test-driven development, peer-review, code katas and more.
What’s the package?
- You’ll be working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, with flexible hours
- You’ll receive £380 per week
- You’ll start in July for a minimum of ten weeks over the summer holiday
You’ll get some great Redgate benefits, including:
- A relaxed and professional environment
- No dress code
- Free parking
- Free breakfast and lunch
- Regular social activities and events with fellow Redgaters and interns
What makes you a redgate’s next software intern?
- You’re naturally bright-eyed and bushy-tailed with a passion for software.
- You have a profound understanding of the value of teamwork.
- You’re at least a year into your university degree, studying a relevant discipline.
- You have an excellent academic record or you have demonstrable technical aptitude.
- Your grades haven’t been affected by your extra-curricular exploits with your favourite coding languages.
Qualifications and experience requirements
What would help?
- Having experience with Mac OS X and/or Linux operating systems
- An interest in cloud-based services such as Amazon EC2, Microsoft Azure or Heroku
- Some exposure to Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange would be beneficial
- An awareness of deployment or automation tools such as Microsoft SCCM, Chef or Puppet
- Having a basic understanding of network infrastructure
Accepted degree subjects
£380 per week
Contract and working hours
How to apply
To apply, simply upload your CV and covering letter or get in touch if you’d like to talk to us first.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 21/09/2017