We are currently looking for four graduates to join us on our Graduate Programme in the UK. Red Hat solution architects are the first experience many customer have to the full value of Red Hat technology. You will use your technical expertise, passion for open source, and understanding of business processes and IT problems to help our customers invest in and build IT systems that improve business and society. You'll earn the trust and confidence of customers' engineering, development, and operations teams by aligning their requirements and use cases with the functional capabilities of Red Hat solutions. If you like to solve complex business problems, create possibilities, and develop trusted relationships with customers, this is the team for you.
The Red Hat graduate programme offers you the technical, business and personal skills to establish your career. During the 18 month programme, you will get the chance to collaborate on customer projects with other experienced Red Hat Architects in a variety of locations across the UK, as well as the opportunity to contribute to community projects and events. At the beginning of the programme you will be assigned a mentor and buddies to support you (alongside your manager). You will receive regular development reviews throughout the programme, which has been designed to ensure you gain the necessary training and experience to successfully transition into a more senior role upon completion.
Your training will start with a series of on-boarding courses that cover our business and how you fit into it, as well as the skills you’ll need to hit the ground running in your new role. From here, you’ll take your first steps in your Red Hat career. We have an open and collaborative culture that's based on meritocracy – letting the best ideas win. Freedom and courage are two of our core values, which is why you need to be comfortable taking risks and exploring the unknown, but also how you will be able to make a meaningful contribution straight away.
- Constantly learn about new Red Hat technologies and apply those concepts to customer needs
- Integrate technical knowledge and business understanding to create solutions for customers
- Proactively and reactively look for solutions that will benefit customers and create new opportunities for Red Hat
- Assist with project related activities (both technical and non)
- Work closely with colleagues in a collaborative team environment, providing and sharing information wherever possible
- Build and maintain strong relationships with your colleagues and our customers
- Use your critical thinking skills to tackle tough problems in an innovative way
- Act as a trusted advisor at the client site and assist the technical and sales teams in setting and delivering on expectations
- Bring innovative ideas and enthusiasm to the project team while identifying new business opportunities
- Maintain an understanding of industry practices through project experience and training
- Respond to incidents, escalations, and exceptions in a professional manner
The Red Hat graduate programme offers meaningful technical and personal development opportunities within a collaborative and innovative environment. Providing you the chance to work with people who are not only subject matter experts but also passionate and committed to the open source way.
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing technologies that solve business problems. We’re a billion dollar company offering key technology solutions from Linux to middleware, storage to cloud, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. At Red Hat we hire creative, passionate people who are ready to work and learn in an innovative and dynamic company.
- Have a demonstrable passion and curiosity for technology and desire to build a career in the IT industry
- Strong problem solving skills
- Good communication skills to convey information to internal and external clients
- Demonstrate ability to find the correct resources and collect required information
- A willingness to share knowledge and experiences generously
- Enthusiastic, motivated, positive attitude and ability to learn quickly
- Ability to work both on your own and as part of a team
- Full UK driving licence
- Ability to travel to clients each week (occasionally may require overnight stays)
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent)
Accepted degree subjects
physics · economics · information science and librarianship · mathematics · chemical engineering · chemistry · transport engineering · aerospace engineering · biology and life sciences · mechanical engineering · materials science · computer sciences and IT · electronic and electrical engineering · engineering management · environmental science and ecology
bonus/commission, six monthly pay reviews (during first 18 months), pension, generous paid holiday allowance, healthcare, plus other flexible benefits
Farnborough · London
How to apply
Number of vacancies: Four
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 30/04/2018