Are you interested in working for Forbes #1 Technology Employer in the UK?
At RBI, Data Scientists use their advanced data skills to provide internal and external business analysis. They deliver operational insights to the RBI business units and market intelligence to our customers in industries such as energy, aviation, agriculture, and finance.
As a Data Scientist you will generate new insights from proprietary and external sets of data by applying a range of definitions, calculations, and data manipulations. You will also work with various partners around the business on a broad range of complex initiatives, including: data visualisations, fuzzy logic mapping, forecasting models, and various highly-customised data queries.
When joining the RBI Data Scientist Graduate programme you will spend two years learning and working in our various markets. During the course of the scheme you will gain valuable experience through practical application in the following data science specialisms, actively using your learning to build data science capability within RBI businesses:
- Getting and cleaning data: obtaining data from various sources (web, APIs, colleagues) in various formats, then cleaning and normalising
- Exploratory data analysis: performing initial analysis of data sets, typically to inform more formal modelling
- Statistical inference: drawing conclusions by identifying properties within a dataset and inferring additional values
- Practical machine learning: application of predictive functions with an emphasis on practical applications
- Developing data products: automating complex analysis tasks through the use of technology to expand the utility of a data model, inference, or algorithm
And what about your career after the scheme finishes?
Career development is a big thing for us and we take our PDP (personal development plan) process very seriously. We want you to learn and progress quickly. We provide ongoing training and support to ensure you achieve and develop at the right pace. The great thing about us career-wise is that we’re a company made up of leading online businesses so you can develop in three dimensions, vertically through the business, across different brands, and across different functions (if you fancy a change). We’re also an increasingly global business and are often able to offer overseas opportunities either as secondments or on a permanent basis.
What we are looking for
- You should have a real passion for technology and a desire to learn
- We are looking for strong communicators with well-formed interpersonal skills
- First and foremost you should be a recent graduate
- Strong academic background with minimum of BBB at A level or equivalent
- You should have achieved or be expecting minimum of 2:1 at degree level or equivalent in STEM (All sciences, technology, engineering, math’s) related subject. computer science, mathematical sciences, or a related data and analytics subject is desirable
A masters in a STEM subject is seen as favourable but not essential.
Accepted degree subjects
- aerospace engineering
- chemical engineering
- mechanical engineering
- computer sciences and IT
- electronic and electrical engineering
- engineering management
- civil engineering and construction
How to apply
Please submit your CV and cover letter outlining the following :
- What interests you about the Graduate role you have applied for?
- What skills /experience do you have that makes you suitable for the position?
The selection process will involve telephone interviews and a group assessment centre. The assessment centres will commence in February 2019.
The start date for these roles will be during September 2019.
RBI are an equal opportunity employer and all suitable applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31/03/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31/03/2019
Additional job details
|Location||London · Surrey|
up to £30,000
Extensive benefit package and regular pay reviews