RELX Group Finance and Accounting Graduate Scheme – Fast-track opportunities in a globally renowned FTSE100 group ranked #53 in Forbes Global Best Employers.
Successful individuals will be given the opportunity to spend three years gaining experience in a multi-national finance team. Candidates will rotate across the business over the two year program trying a variety of placements. This will ensure they gain a broad knowledge of the market segments in which RELX operates before developing their career longer-term in their chosen function.
As part of the programme we will expect you to study for a professional accountancy qualification (ICAEW or CIMA) and complete the associate professional exams within the three years. Study leave and tuition support will be provided.
During the course of your three-year training programme you will be provided with regular feedback on progress, successes and development areas to ensure your continuous progress and development remains on track.
The placements will also provide a mix of experiences across the different components of a large finance organisation:
- Financial planning and analysis – identifying key trends in data, presenting financial results to convey key messages and support internal and external reporting
- Financial accounting – managing core financial controls and preparation of consolidated Group Accounts and statutory reporting. Establishing the core accounting technical skills and knowledge
- Management accounting – support the business leaders to track the performance of their markets with sound and insightful data and analysis, helping them to make risk and fact based decision-making. This requires the support finance team to gain a deep commercial understanding of the products and markets they are supporting
- Investment reviews – preparing data and financial modelling for assessment of both organic and M&A investments to ensure capital is invested wisely and delivers appropriate returns
- Budgeting and forecasting – utilise multiple data sets and input from various partners to assist and build reliable and flexible forward-looking forecasts (short, mid and long term)
- Monthly reporting and consolidation – preparation and review of monthly reports for various stakeholders
- Transaction services – gain an understanding of managing and collecting debts, back office processing and controls of payments and procurement
- Ad hoc experience in other specialist functions such as tax, treasury and corporate finance
- Working across a range of our businesses and finance functions will provide experience of financial reporting, planning and control tools
And what about your career after the scheme finishes?
Career development is a big thing for us and we take our PDP (personal development plan) process very seriously. We want you to learn and progress quickly in the direction you want to go and will provide you with the training and support to achieve that at the right pace. The great thing about us, career-wise is that we’re a company made up of leading online businesses so you can develop in three dimensions, vertically through the business, across different brands, and across different functions (if you fancy a change). We’re also an increasingly global business and are often able to offer overseas opportunities either as secondments or on a permanent basis.
General RELX benefits package
- Regular incremental pay progression as experience and professional qualification progresses
- Additional study / exam days leave
- Full support for professional institute fees (ICAEW or CIMA), exam entry fees (first attempt). Core learning materials and external tuition fees for external course provider for taught and revision elements of each stage of your professional qualification
What we are looking for
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Proven ability to perform self-review with strong attention to detail and thoroughness.
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written)
- Computer-literate with strong Excel skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Actively challenging the status quo and initiating change.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise workflow around tight deadlines.
- First and foremost you should be a recent graduate.
- You should have achieved or be expecting a minimum of 2:1 at degree level or equivalent. Finance, accounting or business related degrees are preferable. STEM (All sciences, technology, economics, maths) also considered.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Please click Apply to submit your CV and cover letter outlining the following:
- What interests you about the Graduate role you have applied for?
- What skills /experience do you have that makes you suitable for the position?
The selection process will involve telephone interviews and a group assessment center. The assessment centers will commence in February 2019.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31/03/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31/03/2019
Additional job details
|Location||London · Surrey|
up to £30,000
with extensive benefit package and regular pay reviews