Interested in working for Forbes #1 Technology Employer in the UK?
For 2018 we’re looking for high-calibre and ambitious Graduate Product Managers. Our Graduate roles will place you into the heart of dynamic, best-of-breed product development teams working with the latest technologies to develop game-changing products on an international scale. In every case you will receive a tailored blend of technical, commercial, and soft-skills training/coaching and a carefully mapped career development path.
Product Management is a truly exciting, challenging, and rewarding role that will place you at the heart of RBI’s product development. You’ll be collaborating with colleagues across our commercial and technical teams to help us understand our customers’ needs and to deliver world-leading and value-adding products to them. Product Managers work closely with our customers to identify their problems and needs, to understand the markets in which they operate, and to then deliver the product definition, go-to-market strategy, and ultimately the product itself – a truly dynamic, collaborative, and deeply rewarding process.
What makes us better than the rest?
There are all sorts of graduate roles out there but we are confident that few (if any) can match the combination of benefits that we offer; here are a few examples:
- Training: In addition to formal technical training we offer extensive soft-skills training and an on-going mentoring program. We also offer bespoke tech and soft-skills sessions to allow you to really fulfil your potential
- Global Reach: Whichever discipline you choose to follow you will be working on an international scale. We want our graduates to understand not just their own function, but also how a global business operates and interacts
- Work-life balance: It’s a well-known fact that commercial life can be stressful but we want you to enjoy yourself and to be happy and relaxed in your work. This doesn’t mean that you won’t be ‘stretched’ and encouraged, it simply means that we know that balance is important
- Culture/Social: It’s not all about work, we also encourage a strong social side to working here right through from graduate drinks and dinner get-togethers to our annual end-of-year extravaganza. We also run a variety of charity groups and encourage everybody to get involved – we even give you two extra ‘charity days’ each year on top of 29 days holiday
- Structured career planning: Feedback tells us that a lot of graduate schemes start off promisingly but then peter-out with grads left with little idea of what’s ahead or the training to allow them to progress. We have a dedicated two-year fast-track programme designed to facilitate fast learning and development with regular training and coaching sessions and frequent pay-reviews
There are also a raft of secondary benefits available and AIP (bonus), car allowance, and medical benefits available at more senior levels within the business.
And what about your career after the scheme finishes?
Career development is a big thing for us and we take out PDP (personal development plan) process very seriously; we want you to learn and progress quickly in the direction you want to go and we’ll provide you with the training and support to achieve that at the right pace. The great thing about us career-wise is that we’re a company made up of leading online businesses so you can develop in three dimensions, vertically through the business, across different brands, and across different functions (if you fancy a change). We’re also an increasingly global business and are often able to offer overseas opportunities either as secondments or on a permanent basis.
RBI is a global business and we provide vital information, analytics and data solutions to our customers across the globe. We have offices in London, Amsterdam, New York, Chicago, Paris, Shanghai, Dubai and Singapore – to name just a few.
We’re a technology business with a passion for innovation and product development, and we work closely with our customers to grow their businesses, so we’re looking for people who want to grow too. We never stand still.
We’re also part of RELX Group, a FTSE-100 company and a world-leading provider of information and analytics to a huge range of industries. With over 28,000 employees in over 30 countries, and revenues approaching $10 billion, there’s a lot of opportunity for you to succeed.
Forbes have recently placed RELX as the UK’s #1 technology employer and #53 in their ‘World’s best Employers’ list.
RBI is very supportive of women in Technology and has been a founding signature for the Tech Talent Charter. Currently 24% of our Technology workforce are women which is much higher than the UK average of 17%. We have the following initiatives in place to support women in technology:
• Mentoring scheme for women in technology
• Women’s network forum
• Regularly run events for schools girl about careers in technology to inspire the next generation of girls in tech
RBI proudly support the Tech Talent Charter.
- You should be a confident communicator with a natural and engaging customer-facing manner, an innate ability to uncover what customers need and a passion to deliver game-changing products
- We’re looking for passion, customer focus, a naturally collaborative approach, and the desire to always be ahead of the competition
- All roles are likely to involve some UK and occasionally overseas travel
Qualifications and experience requirements
- First and foremost you should be a 2017/2018 graduate
- You should have achieved or be expecting a 2:1 or better in a business or marketing related subject
Accepted degree subjects
marketing and advertising studies · business and management studies
£26,000 + package
Extensive training, 29 days holiday, two paid charity days, SAYE share options scheme, pension, life assurance
Contract and working hours
Permanent · Full-time
How to apply
Number of vacancies: Five
- Please submit your CV and covering letter to Charles Hide via the Apply button for consideration, or if you would like to have a chat first then please contact Charles on 0208 652 8190.
- The selection process will involve a telephone interview and a group assessment day to be held in March 2018.
- The start date for these roles will be September 2018.
Closing date: 31/03/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 31/03/2018