We are offering five outstanding graduate product management opportunities for 2017; the majority of roles will be based from our head office in Sutton which is in Surrey/Greater London (c.20 minutes from central London and easily accessible from the Home Counties) with a small number of roles based in Holborn, London.
Product management is a truly exciting, challenging, and rewarding role that will place you at the heart of RBI’s product development. You’ll be collaborating with colleagues across our commercial and technical teams to help us understand our customers’ needs and to deliver world-leading and value-adding products to them. Product managers work closely with our customers to identify their problems and needs, to understand the markets in which they operate, and to then deliver the product definition, go-to-market strategy, and ultimately the product itself – a truly dynamic, collaborative, and deeply rewarding process.
What makes us better than the rest?
There are all sorts of graduate roles out there but we are confident that few (if any) can match the combination of benefits that we offer; here are a few examples:
- Training: In addition to formal technical training we offer extensive training that equips you with the technical and soft skills to help accelerate your success as well as an on-going mentoring programme.
- Global Reach: Whichever discipline you choose to follow you will be working on an international scale. We want our graduates to understand not just their own function, but also how a global business operates and interacts.
- Work-life balance: It’s a well-known fact that commercial life can be stressful but we want you to enjoy yourself and to be happy and relaxed in your work. This doesn’t mean that you won’t be ‘stretched’ and encouraged, it simply means that we know that balance is important.
- Culture/Social: It’s not all about work, we also encourage a strong social side to working here right through from graduate drinks and dinner get-togethers to our annual end-of-year extravaganza! We also run a variety of charity groups and encourage everybody to get involved – we even give you two extra ‘charity days’ each year on top of 29 days holiday!
- Structured career planning: Feedback tells us that a lot of graduate schemes start off promisingly but then peter out with grads left with little idea of what’s ahead or the training to allow them to progress. We have a dedicated two-year fast-track programme designed to facilitate fast learning and development with regular training and coaching sessions and frequent pay-reviews.
And what about your career?
Career development is a big thing for us and we take our PDP (personal development plan) process very seriously; we want you to learn and progress quickly in the direction you want to go and we will provide you with the training and support to achieve that at the right pace. The great thing about RBI career-wise is that we’re a company made up of leading online businesses so you can develop in three dimensions: vertically through the business, across different products/markets, and across different functions (if you fancy a change). We’re also a global business and are often able to offer overseas opportunities either as secondments or on a permanent basis.
RBI is a global business and we provide vital information, analytics and data solutions to our customers across globe. We have offices in London, Amsterdam, New York, Chicago, Paris, Shanghai, Dubai and Singapore – to name just a few.
We’re a technology business with a keen focus on innovation and product development, and we work closely with our customers to grow their businesses, so we’re looking for people who want to grow too. We never stand still.
We’re also part of RELX Group, a FTSE-100 company and a world-leading provider of information and analytics to a huge range of industries. And with over 28,000 employees in over 30 countries, and revenues approaching $10 billion, there’s a lot of opportunity for you to succeed.
Qualifications and experience requirements
- First and foremost you should be a 2015-2017 graduate.
- You should have achieved or be expecting a 2:1 or better in a business or marketing related subject.
- You should be a confident communicator with a natural and engaging customer-facing manner, an innate ability to uncover what customers need and a passion to deliver game-changing products.
- We’re looking for passion, customer focus, a naturally collaborative approach, and the desire to always be ahead of the competition.
Accepted degree subjects
physics · marketing and advertising studies · business and management studies
Plus package: extensive training, 29 days holiday, two paid charity days, share options scheme, pension, life assurance
London · Surrey
All roles are likely to involve some UK and occasionally overseas travel.
Contract and working hours
Permanent · Full-time
How to apply
Number of vacancies: Five
- Please submit your CV and covering letter via the apply now button for consideration or if you would like to have a chat first then please contact Charles Hide on 0208 652 8190.
- The selection process will involve a telephone interview and a group assessment day.
- The start date for these roles will be September 2017.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 21/09/2017