We are offering outstanding graduate Interaction / UX Design opportunities for 2017; the majority of roles will be based from our head office in Sutton which is in Surrey/Greater London (c.20 minutes from central London and easily accessible from the Home Counties) with a small number of roles based in Holborn, London.
We are looking for graduate interaction designers to design, communicate and shape how users interact with our products. Successful candidates will join our graduate training scheme, where you will learn how to apply a user-centred design process in collaboration with RBI colleagues. You will work with a range of businesses, gaining a thorough understanding of our customers and creating deliverables which will help us to build products delivering great user experiences.
Your role will include:
- Collaborating with RBI colleagues to identify the goals, user journeys and information architecture for web/software/mobile app interfaces to meet the needs of our user personas.
- Creating low-fidelity sketches to demonstrate how users could interact with products.
- Creating detailed wireframes and interactive prototypes to evolve product design.
- With guidance from internal specialists, apply RBI best practice on usability and accessibility to these designs.
- Running workshops to present design concepts to stakeholders.
- Working with the Customer Insight team, participating in observational research and usability testing to validate designs and update designs based on customer feedback.
- With Product Managers, identifying potential improvements to current interfaces that we can A/B test to continuously improve our products for our customers.
What makes us better than the rest?
There are all sorts of graduate roles out there but we are confident that few (if any) can match the combination of benefits that we offer; here are a few examples:
- Training: In addition to formal technical training we offer extensive training that equips you with the technical and soft skills to help accelerate your success as well as an on-going mentoring programme.
- Global Reach: Whichever discipline you choose to follow you will be working on an international scale. We want our graduates to understand not just their own function, but also how a global business operates and interacts.
- Work-life balance: It’s a well-known fact that commercial life can be stressful but we want you to enjoy yourself and to be happy and relaxed in your work. This doesn’t mean that you won’t be ‘stretched’ and encouraged, it simply means that we know that balance is important.
- Culture/Social: It’s not all about work, we also encourage a strong social side to working here right through from Graduate drinks and dinner get-togethers to our annual end-of-year extravaganza! We also run a variety of charity groups and encourage everybody to get involved – we even give you two extra ‘charity days’ each year on top of 29 days holiday!
- Structured career planning: Feedback tells us that a lot of graduate schemes start off promisingly but then peter out with grads left with little idea of what’s ahead or the training to allow them to progress. We have a dedicated two-year fast-track programme designed to facilitate fast learning and development with regular training and coaching sessions and frequent pay-reviews.
And what about your career?
Career development is a big thing for us and we take our PDP (personal development plan) process very seriously; we want you to learn and progress quickly in the direction you want to go and we will provide you with the training and support to achieve that at the right pace. The great thing about RBI career-wise is that we’re a company made up of leading online businesses so you can develop in three dimensions: vertically through the business, across different products/markets, and across different functions (if you fancy a change). We’re also a global business and are often able to offer overseas opportunities either as secondments or on a permanent basis.
RBI is a global business and we provide vital information, analytics and data solutions to our customers across globe. We have offices in London, Amsterdam, New York, Chicago, Paris, Shanghai, Dubai and Singapore – to name just a few.
We’re a technology business with a keen focus on innovation and product development, and we work closely with our customers to grow their businesses, so we’re looking for people who want to grow too. We never stand still.
We’re also part of RELX Group, a FTSE-100 company and a world-leading provider of information and analytics to a huge range of industries. And with over 28,000 employees in over 30 countries, and revenues approaching $10 billion, there’s a lot of opportunity for you to succeed.
Qualifications and experience requirements
- A Bachelors degree or higher qualification in a related discipline e.g. product design, graphic design, interaction design, usability, HCI, user experience. Candidates from other backgrounds are encouraged if you can demonstrate that you have design skills and interest.
- Empathy for users and passion for helping to create new digital products
- Excellent communication and team work skills.
- An appreciation of UX design methodologies and trends.
- Familiarity with design software such as Axure, Balsamiq or similar.
- Ability to learn quickly and work in a fast-paced environment.
- A portfolio showing examples of your work is desirable (can be coursework, work experience, personal blog etc).
- Willingness to travel is desirable.
Accepted degree subjects
art and design
Plus package: extensive training, 29 days holiday, two paid charity days, share options scheme, pension, life assurance
London · Surrey
Contract and working hours
Permanent · Full-time
How to apply
Number of vacancies: Five
- Please submit your CV and covering letter via the apply now button for consideration or if you would like to have a chat first then please contact Charles Hide on 0208 652 8190.
- The selection process will involve a telephone interview and a group assessment day.
- The start date for these roles will be September 2017.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 21/09/2017