The Researchers in Schools programme offers PhD researchers a unique, generously-funded route into teacher training that is deliberately structured to make the most of your abilities, knowledge and experience.
With RIS, you’ll develop the skills to become a highly-effective classroom teacher and champion of higher education, helping support pupils, regardless of background, to excel and progress to university.
The programme offers a number of exciting features and opportunities:
- Complete our Research Leader in Education Award, a fully-funded, three-year programme of professional development designed around the PhD skill set, in addition to gaining nationally-recognised teacher training qualifications
- Use your protected, off-timetable time to work towards the RLE and Uni Pathways, a university-access intervention based on your PhD, aimed at increasing target pupils’ chances of attending a highly-selective university
- Receive honorary academic status at a research-intensive university, providing access to research facilities and a network of academic support
- Benefit from a dedicated programme officer who will provide you with one-to-one mentoring and coaching throughout.
- Receive competitive financial support, including generous funding options for your training year
What we are looking for
To hold a PhD in a relevant subject. Full list of requirements
Accepted degree subjects
- teacher training and education
- literature and creative writing
- electronic and electrical engineering
- geology and geographical science
- health sciences
- biology and life sciences
- computer sciences
- mechanical engineering
- pharmacy and pharmacology
- aerospace engineering
Additional job details
- Number of vacancies
- UK wide
- Competitive salary
Recognised teaching qualification (QTS), Teachers' pension eligibility after Year one, 10 weeks holiday per annum
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
For more information, application deadlines, and to apply for placements starting in mid-August 2021, please visit the website via the apply button.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 2 February 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 2 February 2021