The Researchers in Schools programme offers PhD researchers a unique, generously-funded route into teacher training that is deliberately structured to make the most of your abilities, knowledge and experience.
With RIS, you’ll develop the skills to become a highly-effective classroom teacher and champion of higher education, helping support pupils, regardless of background, to excel and progress to university.
The programme offers a number of exciting features and opportunities:
- Complete our Research Leader in Education Award, a fully-funded, three-year programme of professional development designed around the PhD skill set, in addition to gaining nationally-recognised teacher training qualifications
- Use your protected, off-timetable time to work towards the RLE and Uni Pathways, a university-access intervention based on your PhD, aimed at increasing target pupils’ chances of attending a highly-selective university
- Receive honorary academic status at a research-intensive university, providing access to research facilities and a network of academic support
- Benefit from a dedicated programme officer who will provide you with one-to-one mentoring and coaching throughout.
- Receive competitive financial support, including generous funding options for your training year
What we are looking for
To hold a PhD in a relevant subject. Full list of requirements
Accepted degree subjects
- teacher training and education
- literature and creative writing
- electronic and electrical engineering
- geology and geographical science
- health sciences
- biology and life sciences
- computer sciences
- mechanical engineering
- pharmacy and pharmacology
- aerospace engineering
Additional job details
- Number of vacancies
- UK wide
- Competitive salary
Recognised teaching qualification (QTS), Teachers' pension eligibility after Year one, 10 weeks holiday per annum
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
For more information, application deadlines, and to apply for placements starting in mid-August 2021, please visit the website via the apply button.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 16 March 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 16 March 2021