Do you want a career in building surveying working for a multi award winning property and construction consultancy (Ridge have been named 2017 winners of the Construction Consultant/Surveyor of the Year at this year’s Building Awards which is the industry’s longest running and most prestigious recognition of excellence) where you will be involved in a broad spectrum of professional and project based commissions with a wide range of clients, projects worth up to £300M for ground breaking clients including F1 Teams, motor manufacturers, Schools/Universities, contractors, developers etc?
With one of the largest teams of chartered surveyors in the property sector, located in regional offices across the UK, we have a depth and breadth of experience, expertise and local knowledge to support our clients at every stage of property investment, ownership and occupation from acquisition to disposal.
We work with a wide range of clients to manage their property portfolios, projects and transactions and due to our continuing success; Ridge and Partners are now looking for a talented Graduate Building Surveyor to join our team in the heart of Manchester.
You will benefit from on the job learning experiences whilst working on prestigious projects. Our projects include large industrial and commercial schemes with contract values over £30 million to smaller schemes. You will also work with interesting clients including, emergency services, large retail companies, local authorities, schools/universities, contractors, developers etc.
Main duties include
- Advice on the design, construction, maintenance, repair and refurbishment of all types of residential and commercial property
- Carry out building, condition and measured surveys
- Analyse and report on building defects
- Inspecting works carried out and reporting on contractor’s progress
- Taking particulars on site, writing up specifications, obtaining estimates, planning maintenance programmes and administering building contracts
- Prepare schedules of dilapidations
- Handling claims and negotiations with loss adjusters leading to the preparation of drawings and specifications for remedial work
At Ridge we invest heavily in our biggest assets - our people. And as you will find out from day one in your Ridge career, you will be handsomely rewarded:
- 25 days holiday and study leave
- Private healthcare
- A permanent contract from day one
- Life assurance
- Pension: standard 5% Ridge contribution
Ridge is an award winning, UK top 20 multi-discipline property and construction consultancy. Core disciplines include civil engineering, structural engineering, project management, cost management, building surveying, building services engineering, building services maintenance management, property consultancy, architecture, health and safety, sustainability, legal support services, traffic and transportation, infrastructure commercial management, geo-environmental. In addition, we provide property consultancy expertise for asset management, modern procurement, planned maintenance programmes, innovative strategies and holistic delivery planning.
We maintain a spread of projects across all public and private sector markets from social housing to Formula One which is the essence of our strength in the depth and diverse range of our activity. All services are accredited to BS EN ISO9001 2015 for quality, ISO14001 environmental, ISO18001 Health & Safety and with Investors in People. Ridge has been successfully operating since 1946 and now employs over 585 people in nine offices across the UK and has delivered projects in 75 countries worldwide.
As a Graduate Building Surveyor at Ridge and Partners, you will need to demonstrate the desire, drive and a real enthusiasm to becoming a Chartered Building Surveyor which will be fully supported by the company (the national Ridge APC support process) and the Manchester Building Surveying Team.
Qualifications and experience requirements
- Degree qualified (or to be qualifying this summer) RICS approved
- Completion of a “year out” building surveying experience would be highly desirable
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 21/03/2018