They are looking for someone with a passion for renewable energy and carbon reduction and in return you will be given the support you need to develop and progress within the business. You will have the chance to collaborate with an experienced team, designing customised solar panels for use in homes, schools and larger commercial installations. Typical day-to-day activities will include:
- Liaising with clients ensuring designs meet their requirements
- Helping produce designs to meet safety regulations
- Following briefs to ensure designs meet specifications
- Supporting current design engineers with all aspects of their work
- Understanding and following RAMS, CPP’s and other H&S documents
- Assisting with project evaluation post completion
- Accompanying and supporting senior colleagues on site surveys as required
- Travelling to and from sites throughout the UK
What are all the practical details?
- Company benefits: Employee ownership scheme and optional private healthcare scheme
- COVID-19 start details: initially, you will be splitting time between remote working and working in the office (following up-to-date Government guidelines). In the future, there will potentially be options to continue to mix, both working in the office and remotely
- Transport and parking: regular trains from Sheffield to Chesterfield and then take the 44 bus service to Broombank Road. There is free parking on site and cycle storage.
- Start date: April 2021
About Custom Solar
Custom Solar, since 2010, have been at the forefront of the commercial solar sector across the UK and have a wealth of experience specifically in rooftop installations. Recent winners of the ‘Rooftop installation of the year’, they have helped to deliver vast and varied projects from individual systems, through to some of the largest solar installations in the country. Works recently completed include installing the UK’s largest rooftop solar system at 24,000 solar panels. They pride themselves on their impeccable safety record and ability to work in challenging environments, making them a unique and stimulating team to work with.
With an efficient team of 40 (10 office and 30 site based), they place a large emphasis on employee wellbeing, offering a variety of company events, fundraisers and socials, as well as promoting a sensible work-life balance with their table tennis and break-out facilities in their new Chesterfield office. Additionally, they have recently become majority employee owned, again showing their dedication to employee wellbeing and giving the right candidate the opportunity to become a shareholder in years to come.
What we are looking for
- An interest in the renewable energy sector
- Knowledge of CAD design
- Excellent professional communication and interpersonal skills
- A can-do attitude, sociable and approach their work in a flexible manner, adapting to new ways of working
- Keen to develop and progress within the business
The following would be beneficial, but don’t be put off if not
- Training or qualifications in renewable energy
A graduate from any engineering discipline but those with significant electronic engineering knowledge/experience are particularly encouraged to apply.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- £22,000 - £24,000
dependent on experience with a salary review after six-month probationary period
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 7 March 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 7 March 2021