No one day is the same in this fast-growing business! If you enjoy variety and getting involved with lots of different things, then this role could be the one for you. You’ll have tonnes of responsibility for a wide range of e-commerce, customer service and sales activities, from day to day enquiries to new product launches. You’ll also be expected to roll up your sleeves and help with other work when needed, including social media and graphic design (you don’t need to be an expert by any means, but you have to be willing to self-learn). Typical day-to-day activities will include:
- Responding to customer enquiries on the phone and via email – finding out what the customers are looking for
- Drafting and providing customers with quotations
- Placing orders, clarifying customer specifications and processing them with suppliers
- Agreeing delivery schedules to meet customer needs and project timescales
- Managing customer concerns and complaints
- Liaising with suppliers, customers and distributors to solve problems and make sure things run smoothly
- Identifying ways to reduce sourcing/delivery costs and deliver savings
- Managing the e-commerce platforms, including inputting products onto online systems and keeping prices up to date
What are all the practical details?
- Company benefits: bonus scheme and staff discount at Bamboo Door – a Hawaiian inspired bar in Sheffield City Centre
- COVID start details: you will be required to work in the office (following up to date government COVID guidelines).
- Transport and parking: free parking is provided if you drive. There’s room for you to store a cycle and it’s a 20-minute bus ride from Sheffield City Centre and a 15-minute walk from Leppings Lane tram stop.
- Start date: April 2021
About Landscaping Supplies Direct
Landscaping Supplies Direct (or LSD for short) - a small team of four, where you will be working alongside the Managing Director. Landscaping Supplies Direct is a Sheffield-based business that is rapidly becoming one of the UK’s leading online suppliers of garden and landscaping supplies. The business caters for a wide range of customers, from independent garden designers to local authorities and the general public. They pride themselves on their high-quality products, their many years of industry experience and their fantastic customer service. The business has embraced the world of online sales/E-commerce and already have a strong web presence and strategy - and it will be your job to develop this further.
It’s a family owned business where everyone ‘mucks in’. There is a down to earth and friendly atmosphere where you will be expected to work hard and have fun at the same time! Creating a good first impression for the customer is key – LSD receive lots of referrals from satisfied customers which is where most of their new business opportunities come from. The company continually evolves and has recently launched a new arm, Spirit Store – www.spiritstore.co.uk - supplying alcohol products online. You will also get involved with assisting on this new and exciting project.
What we are looking for
- Excellent communication skills – particularly good written English and an excellent telephone manner
- Personable and good at building relationships. Someone with confidence and a good sense of humour will feel at home in this business
- Good administration skills – attention to detail and accuracy in their work
- Organised and driven – there’s a lot to do and an ambitious graduate will go far
- Able to work under pressure and quick to learn
- An adept user of MS Office packages like Outlook, Word and Excel
- Comfortable working in a business that sells alcohol
- A positive, pro-active individual who enjoys seeing the results and impact of their work
- Experience in a customer service role (including work in a retail outlet, bar or restaurant)
- A graduate from any degree background, provided you have demonstrable marketing experience or abilities
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
salary reviewed after six months
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 7 March 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 7 March 2021