Working as part of a small, multi-disciplined team, you will assist in delivering bespoke projects, including machine/production line specification; design, build, test and commission of machine and robot systems; retrofitting existing production equipment; and setting up proof of concept systems and demonstration equipment. Typical activities include:
- Developing a sound understanding of SMS Automation’s range of products
- Developing control software using industry standard control languages (e.g. IEC ladder diagram, structured text language etc.). Training in relevant programming languages will be provided.
- Working on control system design, programming, testing and validation
- Liaising with clients to understand specifications, as well as site visits to assist in the commissioning and test of machinery
- Working with the sales team to help cost projects
- Testing and commissioning automated equipment software for machine control systems
All the relevant training will be provided to help you succeed.
What are all the practical details?
- Company benefits: flexible working hours with Friday afternoons off
- COVID-19 start details: you will be required to work in the office (following up to date government COVID guidelines).
- Transport and parking: free parking is available on-site.
- Start date: April 2021
SMS Machine Automation
SMS Automation, a specialist manufacturer and provider of high-tech automation machines and motion control components that was established in South Yorkshire in 2000. The business prides itself on the fact that their engineers and support team possess first-hand experience of “what works when”, allowing them to give excellent advice to customers, saving them hours of valuable time and encouraging them to keep coming back to the company, time after time – a process that you would play a key role in.
What we are looking for
- Analytical, able to quickly identify and solve problems
- Quick to pick up technical knowledge, even if it’s in an area you haven’t previously studied
- An ability to manage time, prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Able to communicate effectively and professionally both in writing and verbally
The following would be a bonus, but don’t be put off if not
- Knowledge of electrical components and circuits
- Knowledge of machine mechanisms (e.g. linear actuators, robotics etc.)
A graduate of any STEM (science, technology, engineering or maths) degree
Accepted degree subjects
- environmental science and ecology
- electronic and electrical engineering
- geology and geographical science
- health sciences
- biology and life sciences
- engineering management
- sports science
- computer sciences
- civil engineering and construction
- transport engineering
- agricultural sciences
- food sciences
- mechanical engineering
- pharmacy and pharmacology
- aerospace engineering
- social sciences
- chemical engineering
- materials science
Additional job details
- £22,000 - £24,000
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 7 March 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 7 March 2021