Initially, you will work closely with others in the business to learn all about the business products and processes. You will see first-hand how customer enquiries are dealt with, logged and handled, before being offered the most appropriate solution. Once you're familiar with the products and processes, you will gradually take on more responsibility to own different parts of the business lifecycle by growing your knowledge base and network. There is real scope to shape the role according to your areas of strength and business priorities. Typical activities will include:
- Learning the business’ products and services to allow you to offer the right solution for the client
- Handling new enquiries from potential clients and logging them in the correct way on the company CRM system
- Speaking directly to clients, underwriters and lenders to understand their queries, directing them to the most appropriate person (either within or outside of the business) to provide them with the best solution
- Preparing client quotations and finance agreements using bespoke company software
- Shadowing current brokers, observing their work
- Attending local/regional networking events (when possible) to help establish yourself amongst the professional marketplace
- Contribute to the business marketing plan, with regular use of social media outlets
- Promote a culture of constant improvement and regularly challenge status quo to help drive positive organisational change
What are all the practical details?
- Company benefits: pension scheme, 20 days annual holiday entitlement (plus bank holidays)
- COVID-19 start details: You will be required to work in the office (following up to date government COVID guidelines). In the future, flexible working is possible.
- Transport and parking: free parking is available. The office is also close to regularly serviced bus stops.
- Start date: April 2021
About Commercial FInance Partnership
Commercial Finance Partnership, a financial services intermediary who offer a variety of commercial lending services through their team of finance brokers. They help businesses gain access to a wide variety of funding for property, asset finance (for equipment such as machines and vehicles) and commercial loans. They act as an intermediary for a large variety of lenders, so have a close connections to a number of banks and financial institutions to help promote their financial products. They work with a wide variety of clients, across all business sectors. The business is committed to recruiting graduate talent and developing them within the business, with a clear progression path from the graduate level through to becoming a broker, with your own network of clients if this is what you desire.
What we are looking for
- A strong desire to learn the business products and processes quickly to develop their skills
- Driven, keen to progress quickly and take on more responsibility
- An excellent communicator – both verbal and written – across internal/external stakeholders
- Outgoing and confident, ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and clients
- Adopt a consultative approach, able to identify and solve problems
- An exceptional eye for detail and good time management with the ability to plan, prioritise and work in a structured way to tight deadlines
- Naturally interested in business and be able to form relationships quickly
The following would be a bonus, but don’t be put off if not
- A UK driving license and access to a car or be willing to learn to drive
A graduate from any degree background – a business or finance related degree would be beneficial but is not essential
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- £20,000 - £22,000
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 7 March 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 7 March 2021