Working closely with the Technical Manager, you will work on custom development projects and development of PointSolutions suite of Azure applications. Typical day-to-day activities will include:
- Learning and adhering to development policies, processes and systems updates
- Gathering knowledge on MS Azure and 365, and applying it to development problems and solutions
- Undertaking handovers to Quality Control (QC) and project teams, as well as clients handovers where necessary
- Drafting supporting technical documentation for QC, Project Management, Support, Marketing and Clients
- Managing scheduled sprint work spread over multiple projects to meet project milestones and support SLAs
- Getting involved in the project management of longer term pieces of work, assisting to ensure they run smoothly and efficiently
What are all the practical details?
- Company benefits: 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (gradually increases for each year of service to a maximum 30 days) plus an extra day for your birthday, Westfield Health Scheme.
- Transport and parking: Free parking available on site. Regular bus service from Wombwell or Swinton/Mexborough train stations – bus stop right outside the business centre. Shower and cycle storage also provided.
- Start date: April 2021
PointSolutions, a Microsoft solutions specialist based in Rotherham. Over the last seventeen years they have grown steadily and built a number of strong relationships with leading brands. Over the last seven years they have developed two channels to market - Office 365 Professional Services and a suite of People Applications targeted at the HR market. This is a rapidly growing, dynamic software company working with both SMEs and global big brand names to deliver professional services and HR applications. There is a close team culture, where everyone contributes to the wider growth goals of the business. As such day-to-day it’s very varied, flexible, challenging and rewarding. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a passionate team and a company that rewards hard work and always pushes for excellence.
What we are looking for
- Possess a solid understanding of Microsoft 365 and/or Microsoft Azure
- Possess strong organisation skills, with an ability to manage your time effectively
- Be excellent at troubleshooting with strong debugging skills
- Have good communication skills (to both technical and non-technical audiences, written and verbal)
The following would be a bonus, but don’t be put off if not
- Have an understanding or interest in: Visual Studio or VS Code;Azure DevOps / GIT for Sprint Management and Source Control; Agile methodology
A graduate from any degree background, provided you have demonstrable coding skills
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- £20,000 - £23,000
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 7 March 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 7 March 2021