You would work with the regional operations team, but there is plenty of scope to work independently within the role. You would be working directly with clients to help maintain and repair various Hydro-X products on-site. The role is varied, with lots of travel involved and fantastic exposure to all aspects of the company’s work, allowing you to understand the business better and shape your direction within the company. There is fantastic opportunity for personal development and progression, with a clear path for progression within the team and the company. Typical day to day activities would include:
- Learning the various products and processes involved in Hydro-X’s work
- Conducting analysis on cooling towers systems, steam boilers and closed systems, recording and interpreting results and helping to identify and provide solutions.
- Interpreting results and provide written reports in line with company procedures
- Installing and maintaining water treatment and chemical dosing equipment.
- Inspecting and servicing water treatment plants including water tanks, pipes, hot water storage vessels, chemical treatment equipment controls, boilers, heat exchangers and valves.
- Following a preventative maintenance program to help ensure products perform as expected.
- Making recommendations for repairs to the physical plant and mobile equipment.
- Maintaining equipment and chemical stocks inventories.
- Ensure that on-site records are maintained in line with the scope of works.
- Conduct legionella risk assessments and produce a written report recommending remedial actions.
What are all the practical details?
- Company benefits: a fully funded company van, multiple training events available, company discount on high street retailers (via Reward Gateway), annual company team away days, travel opportunities and company pension scheme
- COVID-19 start details: You would be required to work in the office and on client sites (following up to date government COVID guidelines)
- Transport and parking: there is free on-site parking available, and the office is serviced by multiple busses.
- Start date: June 2021
Hydro-X is a group which specialises in providing water and air treatment services. They have four elements to their business – water treatment, air treatment, engineering services and training services, with each boasting a wide variety of niche products and services, from chemical cleaning solutions to large-scale water cooling systems and everything in between.
They have placed a huge emphasis on investing in graduate staff, with graduate recruitment forming a key part of their overall company strategy. They look to develop talent internally and allow graduates to grow with the company into senior positions. Several senior members of staff (including the group’s Operations Manager) started as graduates, so there is a clear development plan for the right person. They have grown during the Pandemic and have ambitious plans to continue along their upward trajectory, so it’s a really good time to join the business. They are looking for a technical and ambitious graduate to join their operations team to help grow the business further.
What we are looking for
- Analytical, able to understand various processes and frameworks and apply them to a given task
- A team player, able to work well with others in the team
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills
- Driven, with a strong work ethic and be keen to learn new systems and to help grow within the role
- Good communication skills, both oral and written, able to speak and translate problems clearly to those who might not have technical knowledge.
- Flexible, able to work at irregular hours (including some weekend work)
- A driving license or be willing to learn ahead of the start of the role
- Willing to travel frequently to client sites across the country.
The following would be a bonus, but don’t be put off if not!
- Some knowledge of ACOPL8 and associated HSG 274, and Health Care Technical Memorandum 04/01
A graduate of any engineering, environmental science or science discipline
Accepted degree subjects
- environmental science and ecology
- electronic and electrical engineering
- aerospace engineering
- engineering management
- planning and surveying
- civil engineering and construction
- chemical engineering
- transport engineering
- mechanical engineering
Additional job details
up to £8,000 in additional earning per year, depending on overtime and performance bonuses
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 7 March 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 7 March 2021