Initially, you will be learning all about the business and its products and processes, enabling you to work on a real variety of tasks. You will be primarily responsible for project managing a number of the contracts that the business has in the UK. As you learn more about the business and its products and services, there is huge scope for you to develop the role in line with your preferences and skillset, with opportunities to explore aspects of the business, such as lighting design, research, sales and project management. As the second employee, you will often be working on your own, but there will always an opportunity to ask for help where needed. Typical day to day activities could include:
- Learning about the business and its products through training and exploration of the technology and processes
- Project management tasks, including building relationships and liaison with the two-three contractors the business uses.
- Monitoring the progress of projects from initial design to completion, keeping track of timelines and raising issues where appropriate
- Learning about, understanding and communicating lighting designs and the technolo-gy.
- Some basic day to day office management including preparing client presentatons, accounting software, content for social media.
- Putting quotes together on the basis of project specifications
What are all the practical details?
- COVID-19 start details: initially, you will be splitting time between remote working and working in the office (following up to date government COVID guidelines). In the future, you will be primarily office based.
- Transport and parking: the office is serviced by multiple bus routes and there is nearby street parking available
- Start date: April 2021
Lumosa are industry leaders in designing and manufacturing innovative high quality, high output, LED floodlight systems. Their floodlights are used for area lighting of outdoor spaces, including sport venues, ports and airports and infrastructure. Lumosa work with innovative LED and electronic technology which provides greater energy efficiency and lower maintenance compared to traditional floodlights.
The business’ head office is in The Netherlands, and they are now looking for a graduate to join the UK arm of the business. It is a really exciting opportunity to join as the only the second employee of the UK operation, as you will be helping to make a tremendous impact on the growth of the UK business. With an international reach (post-COVID) and a fantastic opportunity to grow with the company, this is a fantastic opportunity for a driven and ambitious graduate looking to make the role their own.
What we are looking for
- Awareness of environmental issues and the importance of carbon reduction technologies.
- Driven, able to work well independently and take responsibility for tasks.
- Eager to learn about and get involved with all aspects of the business
- Ambitious, keen to progress within the business and take ownership of different elements of the day to day running of the business
- An excellent communicator, both in-person with clients and in written format, with bids and quotes
- Willing to travel to Eindhoven in The Netherlands.
A graduate of any degree discipline, electrical and electronic engineering, sport business management, business studies, business administration (facilities management) are particularly encouraged to apply.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- £17,000 - £19,000
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 7 March 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 7 March 2021