This is a new role for the organisation, but you would be joining their technical team to develop and take on more responsibility over time. You would be working closely with the existing technical team, involved with the phishing process, but you will primarily be providing support and maintenance services for clients and the internal team. Typical day to day activities may include:
- Being responsible for the ongoing maintenance, security, and availability of systems infrastructure internally and on AWS based on business requirements
- Troubleshooting complex problems by finding root causes and putting long term solutions in place.
- Implementation of system changes and active directory management/development
- Linux/Windows/MacOS operating system patching and maintenance
- Adhering to tight operations, security, and procedural models.
- Providing technical assistance to other teams
- Increase efficiency within the team through automation and process improvement, suggesting new ideas and providing recommendations based on your experience
- Responding to and resolving complex incidents
- Creating documentation standards to be adopted by the team
What are all the practical details?
- Company benefits: Westfield Health Scheme and an extra day’s holiday for your birthday
- COVID-19 start details: initially, you would be working remotely, with all necessary equipment provided. In the future, the intention is to return to work in the office (following up to date government COVID guidelines).
- Transport and parking: it’s a short walk from Barnsley train station (which is just 21 minutes from Sheffield with regular trains), there’s room for you to store a cycle, and if you drive there are plenty of car parks close to the office
- Start date: April 2021
About Bob’s Business
Bob’s Business is a fast growing e-Learning organisation providing internet security training. They help organisations of all sizes adopt security best practices and bring cultural change to make sure that all staff are always vigilant to cyber security threats. They make e-Learning accessible and interactive by using jargon-free language, bite-sized courses and animations to bring scenarios and solutions to life. They are the human face of cyber security and use fun, lighthearted and engaging methods to help staff learn and understand online threats, compliance and data safety, amongst other things. They have been in operation since 2007 and their team of 27 are based in the Digital Media Centre – a fantastic creative workspace in Barnsley town centre. Their customers are UK based and range from large Government departments, Councils to smaller organisations including the Scout Association. Everyone works hard at Bob’s business and that hard work is rewarded with plenty of opportunity to take on more responsibility and support to help you grow and develop. Now is a great time to join their well-capitalised and ambitious company for the next phase of growth.
What we are looking for
- Experience in dealing with email delivery and the issues surrounding it.
- Experience using and deploying multiple OS' such as Windows Server, Ubuntu, MacOS etc. including the use of command line interfaces and basic scripting.
- Team-oriented, able to work well with other members of the team and be comfortable interacting online
- Adept at problem-solving, able to listen to issues and being logical in coming up with solutions
- Driven and able to take initiative and work on your own when required
The following would be a bonus but don’t be put off if not
- An understanding of Virtualised/Containerised environments and typical security controls.
A graduate of any degree discipline, but graduates of STEM/ IT related disciplines are particularly encouraged to apply
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- £17,500 - £20,000
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 7 March 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 7 March 2021