This is an exciting opportunity for a graduate with an interest in marketing to kick-start your career in a unique and progressive sector. If you are passionate about sustainability and supporting customers to create high-quality results, then this could be the perfect role for you! You will be responsible for all marketing and brand awareness activities and typical day-to-day activities will include:
- Researching their market and working with the senior team to develop a marketing strategy
- Designing communications (including print marketing, case studies and videos) to promote products and services to potential customers
- Generating brand awareness through social media and creating PR and media coverage
- Producing content and scheduling social media posts (particularly LinkedIn)
- Creating website content including blogs
- Monitoring and analysing data and continuously revising marketing approaches
- Spotting opportunities for growth and working with the team to develop the business
What are all the practical details?
- Company benefits: Employee ownership scheme and optional private healthcare scheme
- COVID-19 start details: initially, you will be splitting time between remote working and working in the office (following up-to-date Government guidelines). In the future, there will potentially be options to continue to mix, both working in the office and remotely
- Transport and parking: regular trains from Sheffield to Chesterfield and then take the 44 bus service to Broombank Road. There is free parking on site and cycle storage.
- Start date: April 2021
About Custom Solar
Custom Solar, since 2010, have been at the forefront of the commercial solar sector across the UK and have a wealth of experience specifically in rooftop installations. Recent winners of the ‘Rooftop installation of the year’, they have helped to deliver vast and varied projects from individual systems, through to some of the largest solar installations in the country. Works recently completed include installing the UK’s largest rooftop solar system at 24,000 solar panels. They pride themselves on their impeccable safety record and ability to work in challenging environments, making them a unique and stimulating team to work with.
With an efficient team of 40 (10 office and 30 site based), they place a large emphasis on employee wellbeing, offering a variety of company events, fundraisers and socials, as well as promoting a sensible work-life balance with their table tennis and break-out facilities in their new Chesterfield office. Additionally, they have recently become majority employee owned, again showing their dedication to employee wellbeing and giving the right candidate the opportunity to become a shareholder in years to come.
What we are looking for
- A passion for renewable energy and carbon reduction and in return you will be given the support you need to develop and progress within the business.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Customer focussed and committed to providing excellent customer service
- Possess strong team working skills, able to work with colleagues from all departments in the business
- Organised and methodical, with strong attention to detail
- Able to manage a diverse workload and work calmly under pressure
- Driven, with a commitment to ‘get the job done’ and achieve your individual targets
- Passionate and enthusiastic with a desire to continually improve your skills and knowledge
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- £20,000 - £22,000
dependent on experience with a salary review after six-month probationary period
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 7 March 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 7 March 2021