At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves. A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, andcollaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Lincoln is on the lookout for talented Game Testers who are passionate, enthusiastic and self-motivated to join our internal QA team.
- Testing games and applications across various platforms, gaining an extensive mknowledge of each.
- Finding, reproducing, and accurately reporting issues in detailed bug reports.
- Carrying out examination and revision of reported issues.
- Providing clear and concise critical analysis and feedback, when requested.
- Participating in a close-knit, friendly atmosphere, sharing ideas, helping others when needed.
- Learning about and adhering to our internal systems, software and processes.
This is a fixed term contract position ending 27 September 2019, based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in Lincoln, UK. We are currently looking to hire for our night shift team, with usual working hours between 18:30 – 03:00.
What we are looking for
- Competent gaming ability.
- An interest in and understanding of the video game industry.
- Good general PC knowledge, including experience with Microsoft Office suite.
- Good standard of written English.
- The ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels.
- The ability to concisely present complex information via bug reports.
- The ability to multitask and work to deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to become quickly accustomed to various in-house software systems.
- Ability to work productively and collaboratively, respecting others' opinions.
- Candidates must be 18 years of age and above.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Degree level educated.
- Previous industry experience.
- Knowledge of current generation games consoles, PCs and mobile devices.
- Experience with a variety of database software.
- Comfortable in expressing thoughts and opinions constructively.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
This is a two-stage application process. You will first be asked to complete avideo interview; from which you may be asked to attend an in-studio interview.
Please apply with a CV and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above.If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach mout to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities. If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity,
sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 12 July 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment