At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves. A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Lincoln is on the lookout for talented QA Testers of Online Services who possess a passion for quality.
- Identifying, investigating, clarifying and documenting defects encountered during testing.
- Test of all associated online (social club) services, updates, live events, sweepstakes and maintenance for all supported titles.
- Test of all social club related features for all upcoming titles and title updates.
- Test of all social club admin and customer support tools for all supported and upcoming titles.
- Test of all Rockstar games websites updates, including the Rockstar warehouse.
This is a full-time, fixed term position ending 27 September 2019 based out of Rockstar’s unique game studio in Lincoln, UK.
What we are looking for
- The ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels.
- Knowledge and experience of All Current and Previous Gen (Xbox 360 & PS3) consoles.
- Knowledge and experience of PC Gaming and associated digital platforms e.g. Steam.
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office suite.
- The ability to work well under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Self-motivation and a proactive attitude.
- The ability to critically analyse tasks and provide constructive feedback to help drive incremental improvement.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- The ability to retain and recall large amount of information covering a wide variety of tasks, systems and processes.
- The ability to quickly learn and adapt to highly technical tasks.
- The ability to work productively and collaboratively within a team environment,
- and respect others' opinions.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing work scenarios/challenges.
- The ability to remain focused when approaching repetitive tasks.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting when faced with limited information or instruction.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience with a variety of database software.
- Experience of testing web based applications and websites.
- Experience of using online service tools such as fiddler and Wireshark.
- Experience of working with ecommerce platforms and processes.
- Qualification in a computer science/games computing related field.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Please apply with a CV and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above.
Rockstar Games recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 12 July 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment