Rothschild & Co, one of the world’s largest independent global financial advisory groups, is looking for an intern to join its successful Central Eastern European (CEE) M&A practice for a six-month internship.
About the position
For the duration of your internship you will be working with the CEE team in London and will have the opportunity to get first-hand M&A experience in the CEE region. You will be expected to work on live corporate finance transactions and marketing projects, assisting in the research and analysis of different companies and sectors. Graduates from recent years are always on hand to guide you and you will find that, as part of a team, you will learn a lot both from junior and senior members of the team.
Your internship with us gives us a chance to get to know you. If the internship goes well, we will consider you for an offer on the following year's Graduate Programme.
Please see further details below:
- Independent research and gathering of information from publicly available and internal sources
- Provide specified input for company profiles, presentations and other documents
- Provide input and basic editing of Excel-based models, including valuations
- Update team credentials and CEE-related materials
- Attend internal calls and meetings
- Provide support for various administrative tasks
- Liaise with other junior CEE team members
- Translate documents
Corresponding skills and attributes
- Strong academic performance
- Fluent in English and one of the CEE languages
- Strong interest in the CEE region
- Genuine interest in corporate finance and M&A in particular
- Very strong analytical and numerical skills
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) and preferably also research databases (ISI Securities and Bloomberg)
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Diligent and committed to excellence
- Attention to detail, ability to handle multiple tasks and sound organisation of work
- Ambitious, driven and capable of delivering results while working under tight deadlines
- Keen interest in international corporate finance and financial markets
Please note that we review applications on an ongoing basis so please apply now stating your availability for the six month internship.
Starting June 2018.
Native knowledge of one of the following languages is an essential requirement: Greek, Czech, Slovak, Slovenian, Hungarian, Romanian, Serbian, Croatian, Estonian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Bulgarian, Polish.
Qualifications and experience requirements
Long-term interns are recruited from all degree disciplines. A high level of academic achievement is required, together with strong numeracy and excellent social and interpersonal skills.
Accepted degree subjects
Contract and working hours
How to apply
Closing date: 01/05/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 01/05/2018