This London based six month internship is an exciting opportunity to intern with Rothschild & Co's flagship corporate private equity fund, Five Arrows Principal Investments (FAPI). FAPI manages over €1.4 billion through two dedicated funds focused on investing in mid-cap companies in Western Europe.
Our team is based in London, Paris and Luxembourg and is comprised of 20 investment professionals originating from 8 countries across Europe.
- Researching the industries in which our potential targets for investments operate, using all sources of information
- Identifying and evaluating investment opportunities
- Preparing financial models and investment committee memos
- Developing and maintaining standard or bespoke financial models
- Assisting with deal execution processes and monitoring of existing portfolio companies
- Developing and communicating a point of view on where/how value is created and the most actionable opportunities which meet the Fund’s risk-adjusted return criteria
- Supporting the team in co-ordinating the due diligence and transaction processes both internally and with other advisers
- Developing relationship skills through exposure to senior bankers and investment committee members
Please note we have both a July and January start date for this vacancy.
What we are looking for
- Teamwork: ability to build effective relationships between individuals, teams, lines of business and across geographical/cultural boundaries
- Communication: ability to communicate clearly, persuade and influence
- Good listening skills
- Ability to be proactive, preserve, overcome setbacks and deliver results
- Ability to work independently and take a high level of responsibility
- Understanding of the fundamental principles and the application of corporate finance
- Enthusiasm for developing these skills and applying these skills creatively
- Ability to build long term, professional relationships with management teams and advisors that add value
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Previous experience at either a leading investment bank (M&A, Leveraged Finance, ECM), private equity firm, or top tier strategy consulting firm
Outstanding academic track record (2:1 or above; obtained or expected)
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 07/12/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 07/12/2018
Additional job details