It's developing your skills on a worldwide platform. This is what makes working for the Royal Household exceptional.
The Royal Communications team promotes the work, role, relevance and value of the Royal Family to a worldwide audience.
Joining this fast-paced and dynamic team, you'll assist senior colleagues with both proactive and reactive communications. You'll organise coverage of set-piece Palace engagements including investitures and garden parties, and provide support as required for off-site engagements.
You'll also play a role in producing content for a variety of platforms. From press announcements and media briefing notes, to social media updates and feature articles; you'll develop your skills as you take on each new challenge.
Although based primarily at Buckingham Palace, you'll also travel in the UK or overseas to support important visits and engagements.
The reaction to our work is always high-profile, and so reputation and impact will be at the forefront of all that you do.
Whether covering a state visit, award ceremony or Royal engagement, you'll make sure our communications consistently spark interest and reach a range of audiences.
This is your opportunity to develop your career and deliver the exceptional.
In return you will be rewarded with a comprehensive benefits package, including 33 days holiday per annum (inclusive of Bank Holidays), a 15% employer contribution pension scheme (with the option for flexibility to increase contributions or draw down as salary) and support for your continued professional development.
Start date; September 2019
End date: March 2021
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week
What we are looking for
- This is an entry level position for someone with energy, enthusiasm and potential. Educated to degree level with a demonstrable interest in a media relations career, you possess good news sense, and keep up-to-date with current affairs and emerging communication ideas.
- Articulate, engaging and accurate writing skills will be vital, together with confidence in copywriting and editing content for different audiences.
- Your excellent interpersonal skills will also be important, enabling you to develop relationships with a wide range of people, both internal and external
- It's a busy and fast-paced environment. You'll need to be well organised with good initiative, able to think on your feet and prioritise in order to meet tight deadlines.
- With good judgement, sensitivity and a willingness to help others, you'll quickly grow to become a trusted and indispensable member of the team.
- At your best working as part of a team, you'll be eager to learn from your colleagues whilst also proactively contributing towards new ideas and creative content.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- £22,000 pro rata
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 26 July 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 26 July 2019