It's helping to protect one of the world's most famous buildings. It's knowing that your work matters. And it's delivering extraordinary service in incredible surroundings. This is what makes working for the Royal Household exceptional.
The Access Control team provide an essential service, helping to protect a truly unique institution. You'll be the first point of contact for all visitors when they arrive, and you'll check their identification as well as issue their passes. Based at one of our London sites, you'll use IT systems to carry out security checks for every visitor, ensuring they remain within a safe and secure environment. You'll also process all delivery requests, making sure that they're verified and ready to be received.
Managing databases and answering internal and external queries will be an important part of your job too. And from time-to-time, you'll support the wider team at events and with security related projects.
You'll be proud of the part you play, which will motivate you to deliver consistently high standards every day.
37.5 hours per week, over 5 days, Monday to Frida.
What we are looking for
- With some previous administration experience, you'll have faultless attention to detail and accuracy with your work.
- Experience of providing reception, access control or personnel security vetting services would be an asset, but is by no means essential. It's your communication and customer service skills that we're really interested in.
- You'll have good IT skills and be able to quickly learn new systems. What's more, you'll use your organisation and planning skills to process large volumes of information and meet tight deadlines.
- With initiative and pro-activity, you'll be happy working on your own and be comfortable applying your basic knowledge of the criminal justice system to make decisions. With good judgement, sensitivity and a willingness to help others, you'll quickly become a trusted and indispensable member of the team.
- Above all, your positive and adaptable approach will enable you to work efficiently within teams across different locations, who are proud of the support they deliver every day.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- up to £23,000
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 26 July 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 26 July 2019