Teaching is an exciting, challenging and hugely rewarding career. No two days will ever be the same, but every day you’ll be sharing your passion for science and making a real difference to children and young people. It won’t always be easy, your patience and determination will both be tested, but if you become one of our scholars then we will support you through your training and beyond, with a range of fantastic benefits, as you grow into the excellent teacher we believe you can become.
We are offering up to 150 Teacher Training Scholarships to the very best graduates entering chemistry teacher training in September 2022
- mentoring by an expert chemistry teacher
- chemistry specific training meetings with other scholars
- free classroom materials including books, posters and a lab coat
- free online courses on key concepts in teaching chemistry
- opportunities to engage with the Royal Society of Chemistry beyond the scholarship year
- Education in Chemistry bimonthly magazine, with news, reviews and opinions written by teachers for teachers
- access to Talk Chemistry, our online forum for teachers to share lesson plans, innovative resources and teaching ideas
- access to national and regional networks for chemistry teachers and trainee teachers
- up to a third off books from top scientific publishers
What we are looking for
A chemistry or related degree with a proven or predicted grade of a 2:1 or above (if you have a 2:2 your application will be considered if you can demonstrate significant relevant experience/subject knowledge).
Accepted degree subjects
- chemical engineering
- materials science
Additional job details
- UK wide
- £26,000 tax free
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 10 August 2022
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment