- Do you want to develop revolutionary software that is setting the standard for financial modelling?
- Would you like to work on the cutting edge of high performance computing?
- Have you got what it takes to hone your skills and make a valued contribution in a team of highly skilled and supportive developers?
The role of Graduate Software Developer is open to any capable and motivated new or recent graduate who has some existing software development experience, preferably in an object-oriented language (C#, C++, Java).
About the role
Modern insurers often need to construct models of their entire business. There is an urgent need for software that can run these models fast enough so that they can be effectively used in real-time decision making. To meet this need, we developed Tyche. Tyche is a “supercomputer” software platform that can run financial models at game-changing speeds. Calculations that might have previously needed to run overnight can, with Tyche, be run in minutes or even seconds.
RPC Consulting offers the potential to work on a new, innovative product, and so has a fresh, dynamic atmosphere. In turn, you will benefit from the security of a large organisation, together with the dynamism of a start-up environment.
Although insurance is our current focus, the potential applications of Tyche are not limited to insurance risk management; Tyche is an extremely powerful general-purpose computation tool.
In terms of technology, we offer the chance to work across a broad modern stack, including:
- Core business logic in C#
- GUI development in WPF
- High-performance native code in C++
- Virtualisation and cloud deployment
Located in our prestigious office at Chesterford Research Park, Saffron Walden, it is a great part of the world to live in: rolling countryside, punting in Cambridge, racing in Newmarket, and only an hour by train or car into London.
There is a great atmosphere in the development team here. It is relaxed and open and it really is a fun place to work. At the same time we're very professional about what we do. Dress code is informal, and the working hours are flexible.
Access by car is easy, and you won't have the rush-hour jams you can get in more built-up areas. If you don't have a car, there's a shuttle service to the park from the nearby Great Chesterford station, which is on the London-Cambridge line.
What we are looking for
- Have some existing software development experience, preferably in an object-oriented language (C#, C++, Java)
- Be passionate about technology, and understand the importance of writing well-designed, well-tested, maintainable code
- Have an eye for detail, always be looking to improve their skills, and investing their time in additional reading and learning
- Be a very good communicator (the ability to break down and explain complex ideas is very important) with excellent spoken and written English
- Be educated to degree level with a minimum of a 2.: or equivalent qualification in a maths / statistics / physics/ computer science or similar subject
- A-levels gained at ABB or AAB as a minimum
Accepted degree subjects
- computer sciences and IT
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 27/06/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details