If you're looking for a predictable career please stop reading now. At RPC Consulting you'll get a whole lot more. Your long-term future is every bit as important to us as it is to you. That’s why our aim is to give you experiences that will stay with you for a lifetime. Through great training and development, you’ll gain a wealth of experience on which to build a rewarding career. You can develop your technical expertise whilst being involved in a product which is really making waves in our industry.
You will work in an innovative, supportive and buzzing atmosphere in the heart of London. As a key member of our team you will play a vital role in meeting the expectations of our clients through delivering high quality cutting-edge solutions.
You will gain experience across a range of general and life insurance actuarial services. In particular, there will be a greater emphasis on modelling challenges faced by insurers, including pricing and capital modelling. You will support clients with developing, parameterising and testing models in either joint client-RPC collaborations or full RPC teams. In this respect, early in your career you will be interacting directly with clients in a technical capacity and gaining a network of contacts.
Training on wider commercial and insurance topics is provided by subject matter experts from within the team. We encourage a collaborative environment where knowledge and new ideas are shared throughout the team regularly. As you progress in your career you will have the opportunity to get involved with presenting ideas and concepts, both internally and externally, to help support this.
You will also receive training through specialist training videos on Tyche, and have the rare opportunity to work closely with the Tyche software developers to not only gain greater insight into the workings of the platform but also have an important role in helping steer the development of the software.
You will gain technical actuarial knowledge through your day-to-day work and by working through the actuarial exams. We provide a competitive actuarial study package including not only study leave, materials and exam allowances, and exam remuneration, but also support from a study mentor.
Start date flexible. We will consider CVs for candidates with immediate availability along with current final year undergraduates.
Inclusion and Diversity
Critical to our success, people are at the heart of everything we do. We want every member of our staff to feel welcome, valued and confident they'll achieve their career objectives here. It's the minimum our employees should expect of us - and it's good for business, too.
An environment that cares for its people fosters innovation, creativity and excellent client relationships. We want the composition of our firm to reflect that of society. Internally, our Inclusion and Diversity steering group champions relevant activities across all our offices. We've set up staff networks such as the Female Insurance Group (FIG), lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) and Working Parents and Carers. We also provide development programmes for people at key transition points in their careers.
Investing in you – our current benefits package
In additional to offering a competitive salary, the firm currently offers the benefits listed below. Of course, these may change from time-to-time. We will provide an interactive document for the successful candidate in our offer.
- 25 days of annual leave with the option to apply annually to flex by either buying or selling some of your entitlement (pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Interest-free season ticket loan (following completion of probationary period)
- Group personal pension (via salary sacrifice)
- Income protection
- Discretionary bonuses
- My Family Care
- Private medical insurance (personal)
- Confidential employee assistance programme
- Health screenings
- A range of sports and clubs
- Subsidised restaurant and coffee bar at Tower Bridge
- Enhanced family leave
- Access to a range of special firm discounts
- Eye tests
- Bike racks, lockers and shower rooms
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Giving via payroll for tax-free donations to charity
What we are looking for
- Analytically minded, with a logical and thorough work ethic
- Personable and great at building relationships, so will contribute to a great team atmosphere and be good with clients
- Have an interest in modelling
- Some prior knowledge of computer languages is desirable but not essential
- Must be educated to degree level with a minimum of a 2:1 or equivalent qualification
- Hold A-level results, or equivalent qualifications, with an 'A*' or greater in mathematics and overall at least AAB
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 11/01/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details
|Additional location information||Tower Bridge|