At RSM, you’ll be a key member of our team from day one. Our graduate programme allows you to experience working in the Consultancy team alongside current trainees and experienced members of the firm. You’ll benefit from on-the-job training from colleagues and gain access to our internal training courses that will help you develop in the role. This hands-on early experience is invaluable as you take the next steps in your career.
Our Consultants are responsible for:
- Maintaining RSM's high level of service and values, taking responsibility for ensuring timely delivery of quality research outputs to clients
- Working on small to medium sized consultancy projects, with responsibility for tasks such as interviewing, data analysis and running surveys
- Contributing to reports and deliverables, drafting reports and producing charts and maps using software on which they will be trained
- Their own career development plan setting out personal objectives, marketing their skills and expertise internally to proposal managers and externally to clients, and achieving individual performance targets (utilisation and business development)
- Working with RSM colleagues to devise and implement a business development plan, making best use of RSM Marketing and Business Development resources, to raise awareness of RSM’s services
- Assisting with proposal responses to tender specifications issued by government clients in a timely and robust manner
- Developing client relationships and achieving positive client testimonials for the delivery of high quality work
- Mentoring and coaching junior staff as required, seeking to support the team and learning ethos that exists
What we are looking for
We’re looking for enthusiastic self-starters who are always up for a challenge. Consulting is a diverse and demanding discipline, so we look for students who are organised and quick to grasp new concepts. It’s important you have confidence and are detail conscious. You’ll need to have a passion for analytics as you will often spend time analysing data both quantitatively and qualitatively while conducting economic research. Working alongside Senior Consultants you will gain experience with budget preparation, task management and reporting so you’ll need excellent written and verbal communication skills. What separates us from our competitors is the analytical acumen we demonstrate and we expect that right from the start from our people. If that sounds like you, we know you’ll enjoy being part of our team.
At RSM, we don't just look for good exam results. We think passion, personality and originality are just as important. You will need:
- 112 UCAS (new tariff) across three A-levels or 104 (new tariff) across four highers/advanced highers
- A predicted/obtained honours degree in economics or another social science degree background (eg political science, geography, management, business, sociology)
UCAS changed their points system so under the old tariff it would be 280 or 260 points respectively.
Accepted degree subjects
- social sciences
- business and management studies
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 January 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 January 2020