What can you expect?
A career in counter fraud is infinitely varied, interesting and rewarding. No client or case is the same, so you’ll be constantly challenged. With our support, you’ll get the chance to grow professionally, with access to structured training and guidance from mentors.
To help you develop in your role, you can gain the Accredited Counter Fraud Specialist qualification following a period of being within the counter fraud role.
Overall job purpose
To play a key role in supporting our proactive team with the delivery of preventative exercises and investigations. This will include supporting our fraud specialists in delivering various work streams as part of client work programmes as well as individual assignments. Whilst this is an office-based role, the candidate will have regular liaison with both our team members and key client contacts, therefore will often be required to work at client premises. This unique role is suitable for a candidate with strong organisational capabilities and who can work with minimal supervision.
The key aspects of the role will involve:
- Undertaking fraud and bribery related policy reviews
- Updating, recording and issuing client facing protocols
- Undertaking client awareness raising
- Creation of awareness and training materials
- Co-ordination and of delivery of training sessions, material and meetings
- Supporting managers in updating planners and recording workflows
- Assisting staff in analysing data as part of investigations and proactive fraud reviews
- Supporting the publication of bench-marking data
- Any other tasks to support our fraud specialists in the delivery of their role and enhance experience
This job description defines the principal purpose and main elements of the job. It is a guide to the nature and main duties of the job as they exist currently, but it is not intended as a wholly comprehensive or permanent schedule. Successful candidates will be required to be flexible and adaptable to changes and client requirements as necessary.
The post holder will be expected to maintain RSM's high level of service and values, taking responsibility for ensuring timely delivery of allocated work and other additional duties that may be required. This will include having commercial acumen to deliver work on time, to quality and cost.
The post holder will have personal objectives, a career development plan and individual performance targets to achieve as part of this role, which will be subject to periodic review and feedback via your line manager. Delivery of work will be expected to be in compliance with the Fraud Risk Services Standing Operating Procedure and associated RSM policies and regulatory requirements.
What we are looking for
- Strong verbal communicator, with an ability to articulate sensitive and confidential information to staff, where necessary clients and other stakeholders
- Excellent written communication skills
- Service focused with a flexible and adaptable approach to work by undertaking assignments at short notice, at the direction of FRS senior management to meet team and client demands
- Strong ability to organise a varied workload, plan and manage own workloads and calendar, ensuring high quality client service is at the forefront of priorities
- Ability to work unsupervised, use initiative and strive to exceed expectations
- Proficient in the use of IT and office software packages, operating in a paperless working environment
- Excellent team player, with an ability to adapt and be flexible as to the demands of the role and the needs of the team
- Ability to build relationships and rapport with colleagues, clients and stakeholders
At RSM, we don't just look for good exam results. We think passion, personality and originality are just as important. You will need:
- 96 UCAS (new tariff) across three A-levels or four highers/advanced highers
- A predicted/obtained honours degree
UCAS changed their points system so under the old tariff it would be 240 points.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 January 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 January 2020