During your time on the apprenticeship, you’ll grow to own several responsibilities. These can range from developing and defining architecture, implementing monitoring with alerts or automation on manual tasks, even being a role model for the DevOps culture of ‘you build it, you run it’.
Some further responsibilities include:
- Implement scripting and coding in a variety of languages, including C#, Java, and Python
- Follow Test Driven Development methods and the agile testing principles of the test pyramid
- Follow continuous integration techniques and use source control
- Implement release automation using Application Programming Interfaces (API), ensuring teams can deploy new code quickly and safely
- Understand and establish cloud infrastructure using APIs, infrastructure-as-code, and other leading technologies
- Apply security practices throughout the Software Development Lifecycle (SDL).
To apply, you’ll need
- Enthusiasm and drive to complete your apprenticeship programme and seek out development opportunities within a supportive team
- Motivation to achieve a professional qualification
- A passion and enthusiasm for IT
- The desire to work as part of a collaborative team, with a curious approach challenging yourself to find new solutions.
- Four GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject , including maths and English
- A Level in STEM subject, or
- BTEC Diploma in STEM subject, or
- Level 3 IT apprenticeship
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship in a similar subject
Experience (if the learner can’t meet the qualification requirements)
Those working in a relevant IT or Software role for at least 2 years and able to demonstrate working towards Level 2 in Maths and English. Those with a non-STEM background must demonstrate their knowledge by passing an aptitude test.
This role requires further study towards gaining professional qualifications, so we’re looking for you to have a proven track record in passing exams.
All entry requirements are subject to change but as accurate as possible at the time of advertising. Where details are not available from the provider currently, we refer you to the Standard.
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Please upload your CV and cover letter in English and as one document. Also, please include your recent GSCE and A-Level (or equivalent) grades.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 28 March 2023
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 28 March 2023