The big question: why on earth should a Tech graduate like you work for a 150-year-old retail chain? Because we’re on a journey. A journey that jumps from the warehouse, websites, shops and then ultimately into the homes of your friends and family- and now we want you to join us. We here at Sainsbury’s Tech have made an impact through 1.2 billion transactions, and we are just getting started.
Through utilising digital, tech and data we work to develop and fine tune the technology that helps the people you love most receive access to our products and services supplied by our brand network. Software engineering graduates are at the centre of our innovation, and the key to the continued development of or multi- channel work.
We have made an impact in homes across the UK, so now we want to say welcome to the home of Sainsbury’s Tech.
More about the scheme:
- Develop and learn over the 20 month software engineering graduate scheme. Time will be allocated into rotations lasting for eight months, six months and six months.
- Collaborate with brands we power - Nectar, Habitat, Tu Clothing, Argos and Sainsbury’s Bank.
- Rotate through our four tech teams: Engineering and Architecture, Delivery, Information Security and Service Operations
- Within those teams you will have the ability to work in three of these six streams: Supply Chain and Logistics, Technology Platform and Enablement, Testing/ Performance Engineering, Customer Channel, Data Engineering and BI/ Analytics and Personalisation and Commercial Platforms.
- Utilise a cloud- first approach and automation to change the face of the business
- Strategise with the delivery team to improve logistics on a multi-channel scale
- Review best practices for security on our ATM networks, mobile apps, warehousing and more
- Operate in our information technology branches to provide service and lines of support to our internal teams
- Exposure to our vast tech stack which includes Java, Springboot, HTML5/CSS, AWS and more
In return you'll get:
- 22 days holiday
- New MacBook
- Flexible working
- Pension scheme
- Discounts across Argos, Sainsbury’s and Habitat
What we are looking for
At Sainsbury’s Tech, we do not have specific requirements for the ideal candidate - we ask you to bring enthusiasm, your analytical thinking and willingness to learn to the role.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
How to apply
We aren’t looking at what’s on your CV - we just want to see your skills and your passion for technology. The whole process is completed via our app where you will be given instant feedback on your application. You can also move through the application process at your own pace.
1. Download our Sainsbury’s Tech Academy App. Enter your details and take two tests on the app:
- Multiple-choice technical coding test
- Critical thinking test
2. Optional Discovery call to learn more about opportunities at Sainsbury’s Tech and ask any questions
3. An hour-long technical test, taken online via HackerRank
4. If successful throughout the tech test, you will be invited to one of our assessment centres in London starting the first week of December 2019
We wish you the best of luck.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 21 November 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 21 November 2019