Comprised of two, six month placements in two different Samworth Brothers businesses, our placement scheme provides students with a year’s industry experience within a range of positions.
Your two placements will offer you different experiences, in different departments, across different businesses and will support your degree subject.
Possible roles you could take on or departments you could be working within include:
- Production – working in manufacturing
- Procurement – dealing with raw materials and suppliers
- Planning and supply chain
- Continuous improvement
We place great importance on providing real roles and a range of interesting project work alongside your placement, where there is a strong support structure in place and real possibilities for your future career.
We aim to give successful candidates an enriching industrial placement that enables them to;
- Develop key leadership skills
- Gain practical experience of working in the food industry
- Gain insight into the different functions and roles within the food industry
- Become an ambassador for Samworth Brothers
Duration: one-year, starting summer 2019
What we are looking for
You will be supported throughout your placements and will need to be flexible to work either in Leicestershire or Cornwall.
Our sites are often in rural areas of the UK and therefore it is important that you have a full UK driving licence (or gain access to equivalent alternative transport), in order to get to work and travel between sites.
A successful Samworth Brothers placement student will:
- Have effective communication skills
- Be computer literate on Excel, word
- Be able to work with people at all levels
- Have good numerical and verbal reasoning
- Have high physical and mental energy levels
- Be a self-motivated individual who will use their initiative and drive to make a difference
- Show good attention to detail and commitment to achieving a quality outcome
- Demonstrate a desire to take responsibility for their career progress and development
- Be able to challenge and question
- Be flexible and adaptable
- Be confident in their abilities but also keen to learn and develop
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Our scheme is open to all disciplines but we particularly welcome applicants from business, food, science and agriculture backgrounds.
We regret due to the high volume of applications we receive; only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews. In the event that you are unsuccessful for this opportunity, we may still be able to help you and we will retain your application and consider you for other opportunities.
What to do next?
Once you have applied you will be contacted by our recruitment partner Discovery Graduates to discuss your application and arrange a telephone interview.
Discovery Graduates are the retained managing consultants. All applications will be processed through Discovery. We regret due to the high volume of applications we receive; only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews. In the event that you are unsuccessful for this opportunity, we may still be able to help you and we will retain your application and consider you for other opportunities.
All applications will be processed through Discovery, the retained managing consultants. Due to high volumes of applications, only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 16/12/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details
|Location||Cornwall · Leicestershire|