Fantastic opportunity to join the commercial team in a growing retail business. You will start as a Trainee, learning all aspects of the commercial function, and develop towards a Junior Buyer role within the first 12 months (dependant on performance).
Key responsibilities for the position:
- Develop, implement and deliver category plans including range reviews, promotions, pricing and stock management that are consistent with the overall commercial strategy and financial objectives
- Collaborate with the marketing team to develop and implement marketing promotion plans and strategies that are relevant to the category. Adhere to legislation and brand guidelines, and clearly and effectively communicate with the customer, driving footfall and profitable sales
- Review and evaluate the effectiveness of promotions, taking appropriate action where necessary, and sharing best practice with peers and other stakeholders
- Working in partnership with the merchandising team, agree merchandising strategy that drives and delivers the right range in the right store; ensuring availability in store; and control of slow-moving stock
- Identify and implement new product opportunities that are competitively priced, commercially viable and meet customer needs, driving sales and profitability
- Manage and review pricing in order to maximise profitability, ensuring Savers is competitive. Operate within company pricing strategy
- Working in conjunction with the supply chain team, ensure base sales and promotional forecasts are adhered to, whilst maintaining in-store availability to meet the customers' needs
- Develop effective internal working relationships with cross-functional team members to support and enhance category objectives and performance
- Develop, build and maintain effective external relationships to enhance the Savers proposition and meet customer needs
- Adopt appropriate negotiation strategies to attain the best terms for the category and the business
- Utilise and continually develop expert knowledge in category products, competitors and market activity to deliver increased category performance objectives
- Manage and deliver projects as and when required
What we are looking for
- Strong analytical and numerical skills.
- Ability to influence and build relationships
- Strong planning and organisation skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills: written and verbal, including presentations
- Problem solver
- Confident and energetic
- Adaptable and flexible in approach
- Ability to work under pressure and to a deadline
- Good PC and software skills, particularly Excel
At least one years experience in retail.
Degree qualification – any discipline.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 24/08/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details
£20,000 to £24,000
|Working hours||Part-time · Full-time|