A full-time role has become available within the commercial property research department at Savills, the leading global real estate provider, which will be based at their head office at 33 Margaret Street in central London.
The role involves collecting, analysing and presenting data on the UK Industrial and Logistics market. Data is collected from a number of sources, checked and entered on to excel or an in-house database.
Other roles include writing market reports and carrying out analyses of the data for individuals throughout Savills and for our clients. The individual will also support the day to day business of the research department and Industrial and logistics leasing, investment, occupational and development teams.
The status of this role can either be at Graduate or Associate level, dependant on experience.
You will be responsible for supporting and expanding the current industrial and logistics research function by:
- Monitoring, collecting, verifying and analysing industrial and logistics data on take-up, supply, speculative development, stock, rents and yields.
- Expanding our current market data collection to include data on key multi-let industrial markets
- Using this data to assist in the production of the Savills “Big Shed Briefing” and future reporting on the multi-let sector
- Produce ad hoc support to aid business development and client support to our transactional, development, planning, building consultancy, valuation, economics and development teams
- Undertaking and supporting fee generating research projects as and when required
- Present to internal and external clients when required
- To explore methods of innovative data dissemination through Power BI or existing GIS tools
- Supporting our PR and social media teams to provide additional insight
- Support the production of thought leadership white papers
9:00am – 6:00pm (however, in order to meet business requirements, you may be asked to work outside these hours).
The Savills research team is unique in providing advice and analysis to clients across all sectors of the property market. The geographical coverage spreads from Central London to all markets in the UK and also includes the key markets across Europe. Our established research team has a strong reputation for producing accurate, well-informed and, above all else, independent analysis and commentary.
- A confident telephone manner
- Self-motivated with an ability to work independently
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
Qualifications and experience requirements
- Degree qualified, with an aptitude for quantitative techniques, an analytical approach to completing assignments and strong attention to detail
- Exceptional numeracy skills and a strong scientific approach to drawing conclusions from a variety of evidence.
- Strong IT and Microsoft Office skills including Excel, Word and PowerPoint. A desire to learn how to use other packages, such as Access, inDesign and QGIS
- Previous experience in commercial property research would be welcome, but is not essential
Accepted degree subjects
Contract and working hours
Permanent · Full-time
How to apply
A CV and cover letter must be included for your application to be considered and sent to Georgie Allard via the Apply button.
Closing date: 04/05/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 04/05/2018