At Sayer Vincent you get to work with the best group of clients
All our clients are not-for-profits – from high profile charities, campaigning organisations, and community organisations, to membership bodies, health and social care providers and more. We aim to play a full positive role in the voluntary sector and through our work we want to support the positive impact our clients make in the world.
At Sayer Vincent you’re part of a friendly, supportive team of people
We think our trainees are the best people to be around. Join us and you’ll be part of a brilliant group of trainees working alongside qualified staff who are committed to doing the best work for our clients. We place our values at the centre of how we manage our organisation and we value you as an individual who brings a unique perspective and approach.
At Sayer Vincent you train to become a Chartered Accountant with the internationally recognised ACA qualification
Alongside your day job undertaking audit and advisory work, you study for your ACA qualification with the support of our training provider. Our trainees have a great success rate in completing the ACA and after qualifying it’s common to either stay with us or move into a finance role within the not-for-profit sector or elsewhere. As a Chartered Accountant you have lots of career options for the future.
If you want to join an organisation where your efforts can have a lasting effect in a rewarding and challenging role, then visit our website to find out more.
Starting: 4 September 2018 or early 2019.
What we are looking for
- An interest in audit work and commitment to obtaining the ACA qualification
- A strong commitment to the not-for-profit sector
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work and study concurrently
- The desire to work flexibly to get the job done
- Ability to build strong, positive working relationships with colleagues and clients
- Ability to assimilate and use large amounts of information quickly
- Ability to gain technical knowledge and share knowledge and concepts with others to enhance their learning
- Numeracy skills
- You can only enter into a training agreement with Sayer Vincent if you have a British university degree at class 2:2 or above (or equivalent), or alternatively have passed AAT finals (professional diploma, level four). We welcome and encourage applicants from all degree disciplines
- If you have a 2:2 degree, you must meet our requirements at both GCSE and A-level as set out below. If you have a 2:1 degree (or above) or have passed AAT finals (professional diploma, level four), you must meet either our GCSE or A-level requirements
Our requirements below degree level are as follows:
- Pre 2017 UCAS tariff: 300 UCAS points (or equivalent) at A-level. New UCAS tariff: 120 UCAS points. We only include a candidate's top three A-levels and we do not include general studies when assessing UCAS points
- At least five GCSEs or O-levels (or equivalent) at grades A or B, and including maths and English
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Visit our website via the Apply button for full background details and to gain access to our application form.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 01/07/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 01/07/2018
Additional job details
|Number of vacancies||10|
Supportive culture, study support, group personal pension, time off in lieu, life assurance