The database used by Schott needs updating to incorporate additional functionality and capability and they are now looking for a Software Developer to develop this.
The new system will need to incorporate historical data whilst allowing data to be used more efficiently and purposefully and practically, so that future technology can be easily added.
The company are looking for a Software Developer who will be academically supported, to develop, design a new system whilst transferring historical data from their old database.
This role requires a self -motivated graduate with excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills and a knowledge / interest in software development and new technology.
This role will involve:
- Write and testing code
- Researching and designing a new system
- Integrating existing data
- Writing operational documents
- Investigating new technology
What we are looking for
You mustbe able to answer yesto the following questions and show examples in your covering letter
- Have you got skills in C#
- What are your database skills i.e. MYSQL, SQL?
- Have you got excellent team working skills and coordination?
- Are you proficient with Web Applications?
- Are you available to start work immediately if successful at interview stage?
These are not essential but may enhance your application if you can give evidence of your experience in your covering letter
- Are you willing to learn new skills and technologies?
- Do you have technical competency?
- At least two years’ experience of researching and writing code?
- Do you have a logical, analytical and creative approach to problems?
- Are you able to work to deadlines?
You will have a degree in computer science/software/systems and be able to answer the questions posed in the person specification above.
Accepted degree subjects
- computer sciences and IT
How to apply
Email your CV and covering letter, giving a detailed account of your experience, skills and knowledge in relation to the requirements posed in the questions above, via the Apply button.
Interview date: week commencing 29 April.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 24/04/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 24/04/2019
Additional job details
Salary dependent on experience