Working closely with the team’s Longevity Pricing Actuaries on carrying out technical Longevity pricing for longevity tenders which will include experience analysis and rate production with supporting documentation.
Contribute to the development of longevity pricing tools.
Provide support for research and ad-hoc projects
Key duties and responsibilities
Key Production Areas:
- Review and analyse data provided by cedant and highlight any issues that may delay quote production
- Carry out mortality analysis on client data and suggest quote pricing basis
- Ensure pricing basis conforms with SCOR Global Life annuity pricing guidelines
- Produce accurate rates within specified timeframes and accurate documentation to support quotes
- Assist in the development and maintenance of longevity pricing tools
- Carry out other ad-hoc longevity pricing work as required
- Undertake analysis in order to contribute to the ongoing innovation of longevity pricing bases and tools.
- Develop and maintain a good understanding of the risks of longevity business
- Provide excellent customer service, both internally and externally, to help deliver the Longevity Team’s objectives
- Promote the team internally and externally, and educate internal non specialists about longevity matters as necessary
- Pro-actively suggest improvements in the pricing and enforce business management process
What we are looking for
- Graduate: one - two years experience
- Attention to detail
- Self-motivated / proactive
- Team player
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer focussed – ability to communicate effectively with clients by phone/email.
Desirable but not essential
- Life/annuity pricing experience
- Experience of working with pension scheme data and knowledge of typical scheme rules
- Experience of conducting mortality analysis
- Experience of using PROPHET or MOSES
Educated to undergraduate degree level in a relevant subject (mathematics / statistics / actuarial science / etc) with an excellent academic record.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 15/11/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details