12-month contract for a recent graduate, in the Corporate Actuarial department.
Support regular reporting processes and activities within deadlines to required standards. Deliver timely and good quality actuarial services to internal and external stakeholders.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in the production and analysis of the Solvency II and cashflow projections for the Internal Model for the UK sourced business.
- Assist in production of quarterly and annual QRT’s for Solvency II – for both quantitative and qualitative reporting.
- Assist in the setting of best estimate assumptions for reporting purposes.
- Assist in the ongoing updates to the departmental Prophet model, covering Solvency II and valuation reporting.
- Identify and implement process improvements to ensure increased efficiency of tasks and/or accuracy of results
- Maintain and enhance processes, controls and documentation in accordance with Group ERM principles and regulatory standards.
- Actively participate and contribute to SCOR’s actuarial community, including relevant ad-hoc actuarial, inter-departmental or Group projects
- Keep abreast of the current developments of UK and EU regulatory and financial reporting standards for life insurers.
- Build and maintain professional relationship with other life functional areas, internal and external auditors and SCOR UK’s business partners.
What we are looking for
- Exposure to actuarial concepts preferred, but not essential
- Member of UK actuarial profession (or equivalent) and either embarking on the actuarial exams or having passed/gained exemptions for several exams
- Committed to meeting deadlines and delivering accurate results.
- Good technical skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Experience of working in a team as well as being a self-starter.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong MS Excel and VBA / Macro skills.
- Preferably good Access / SQL skills.
- Exposure to modelling software such as Prophet beneficial
Degree in numerical subject
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 23/08/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details