The position is in the Actuarial Pricing team, supporting the analysis of Treaty and SCOR Underwriting Limited’s Lloyd’s business.
The key responsibilities of this role will be to;
- Provide pricing support to actuaries and underwriters in accordance with pricing guidelines
- Ensure data is handled accurately in a timely and consistent manner
- Participate in portfolio monitoring and analyses
- Active team member in class of business studies
- Provide input to projects and global actuarial projects as required.
To find out more about SCOR please have a look at our website.
- Excellent IT skills with preference given to programming capability and experience of VBA in addition to familiarity with standard Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent analytical skills with attention to detail
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
- Collaborative team‐player spirit with experience of project participation
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Self‐starter/motivator and creative
Qualifications and experience requirements
- University degree in actuarial science, mathematics or economics with a strong statistical element (Minimum of a 2:1 required)
- The position holder will be actively studying for a recognised actuarial qualification or will have willingness to attain a professional actuarial designation
- The ideal candidate will have gained actuarial work experience in insurance/reinsurance or mathematical modelling
- Experience of participation in projects and teams
Accepted degree subjects
physics · economics · transport engineering · mathematics · chemical engineering · aerospace engineering · business and management studies · chemistry · mechanical engineering · accounting and finance · computer sciences and IT · electronic and electrical engineering · engineering management
Study Support , 20 days holidays plus additional benefits
City of London
Contract and working hours
Fixed term · Full-time
How to apply
Number of vacancies: One
Please send us a covering letter outlining specifically why you are applying for this position and why you wish to pursue a career within the actuarial profession. Please also attach your CV with the covering letter and send it to the Recruitment Team at SCOR Human Resources.
Closing date: 05/05/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 05/05/2017