Join the new era of pioneers.
In the two years that you’re a part of our graduate programme, we’ll give you all the support you need to achieve chartered status and the opportunity to do placements in a variety of business areas. We’ll ensure we maximise your skills, confidence and experience.
We want you to grow in every sense. Our future, as well as yours depends on you hitting the peak of your potential. We’ll invest significant resources developing your personal and behavioural skills so that you become an influential all-round professional.
We have a thriving graduate community run by an elected group of representatives who organise frequent social activities ensuring you play as hard as you work. You will also be assigned a graduate buddy who will be more of a peer support and will help you move smoothly from student to professional life.
Our Engineering Graduate Programme
As part of our 24-month engineering graduate programme you could work in one of the following professions:
- Construction – disciplines considered: civil engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering
- Commissioning – disciplines considered: electrical engineering, mechanical engineering.
- Design engineering – disciplines accepted: civil engineering (masters only), electrical engineering & mechanical engineering.
- Engineering and maintenance – disciplines accepted: civil engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering
- Safety case - any engineering disciplines accepted.
You will be asked during your application form which profession you would prefer to work within, please ensure you visit our programme areas page for more information on each profession.
Although we ask you to select a preferred profession area, we will get to know you through the application process to ensure that where you are placed is the best fit for you.
Whichever profession you join us in you’ve got so much to look forward to. Not least complex challenges and the opportunity to learn from industry – sometimes world – experts.
- Starting salary £34,044
- 25.5 days’ annual leave with statutory public holidays on top
- An attractive defined contribution (money purchase) pension scheme
- Relocation allowance (if relocating from over 30 miles away)
- Optional interest free graduate loan
For further information on the benefits of working for Sellafield Ltd please refer to our careers website.
Social Impact Multiplied (Six)
We are transforming our organisation, seeking to accelerate the delivery of our mission while also making significant savings for the taxpayer. As part of this change, we are determined to deliver the maximum social impact from the £2bn of taxpayer money that we spend at Sellafield every year.
Six is our new approach to social impact which prioritises projects co-created with the community and stakeholders. It recognises that more can be achieved in partnership and that impact can be multiplied through collaboration. Transforming West Cumbria will take on west Cumbria's most entrenched social and economic problems.
The programme will focus on family wellbeing, financial education, community activism, and inspiring young people. In recognition of the importance Sellafield Ltd places on delivering Social Impact, graduates will be encouraged to carry out a minimum of 10 hours of social impact activity per year.
What we are looking for
Please note: Working at Sellafield Ltd requires you to achieve both security and medical clearance throughout the on-boarding process.
- Relevant degree discipline.
- Achieved a minimum of a 2:1 classification.
- Graduated within three years of the programme start date (start date: Sept 2022).
- For some of our professions, a Master’s level degree is preferred.
Accepted degree subjects
- environmental science and ecology
- electronic and electrical engineering
- geology and geographical science
- biology and life sciences
- engineering management
- planning and surveying
- civil engineering and construction
- transport engineering
- mechanical engineering
- aerospace engineering
- chemical engineering
- materials science
Additional job details
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Apply at your earliest opportunity, applications may close early for certain programmes if we experience high numbers.
Aptitude testing and video interview: throughout September and October 2021.
Virtual Assessment Centres: throughout November and December 2021. *
*Please note, if you are unable to attend an virtual assessment during these months you will be unable to complete our application process.
Diversity & Inclusion Statement
In promoting equal opportunities, Sellafield Ltd welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We select people according to their abilities and our needs. As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.
You are advised to regularly check your emails (including any junk mail/spam folders) for correspondence related to this post, including assessment or interview invitations and any other type of correspondence relating to your application. In the event of a high number of responses to any advert, Sellafield Ltd reserves the right to close the programme early.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 22 October 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 22 October 2021