Be the one to make a difference every day
Here at Serco, our Graduate Management Trainee Programme offers you an amazing launchpad for a fast-track management career within a global FTSE 250 company as well as a unique opportunity to be directly involved in delivering better public services.
As a company operating across 20 countries, 500 contracts and with over 50,000 employees – we need a great legal team to provide the legal and contracts advice and support that helps us win bids, keeps us compliant with our obligations, manages risk, and protects our business. Joining our Graduate Programme within our legal department will see you rotate around key teams to get a full understanding of how a global in-house legal team operates.
From day one you will be focussing on developing your capability to work alongside talented teams, build stakeholder relationships, solve complex problems and communicate effectively. Most of your professional and technical development will be through on-the-job learning. You will also receive a wide range of training opportunities including project management and people management. This will develop your skills and capabilities in order to set you up for success on your path to be a future leader within Serco.
With the support of your colleagues, senior leaders and a mentor, you’ll be given the autonomy and tools to innovate as you make a personal impact. And once you complete the programme you’ll be well prepared to take a role in which plays to your strengths and sets you up for a fantastic career.
What we offer
You’ll receive an annual salary of £27,000 for the duration of the programme along with an annual holiday entitlement of 25 days plus bank holidays.
Your physical, mental and social wellbeing is important and together, we have a joint responsibility for health and wellbeing at work. At the same time, we value your diversity and individuality and want to support your life choices whilst rewarding you for your commitment to Serco. This includes:
- Occupational Health and Wellbeing service, helping us provide a safe and healthy work environment for you;
- Employee Assistance Programme, providing advice, information, services and training to help and support you deal with events and issues in your work and personal life;
- Salary Sacrifice Cycle to work Scheme
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme providing you with the opportunity to purchase up to 5 days additional annual leave through salary sacrifice
- Fantastic travel, shopping, dining and entertainment savings and discounts; 25% discounted membership at Serco-operated leisure centres;
- Payroll giving scheme and volunteering policy, enabling you to support the causes most important to you;
- Commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion, including our employee support networks for women, ethnic minority, LGBT+ and disability;
- Workplace contributory pension scheme operated through salary sacrifice, enabling you to get ahead in planning and saving for your future; and
- Employer funded life assurance scheme
What we are looking for
As our one of graduates, you’ll be bringing your curiosity, commercial mind-set, passion and ideas – and naturally a strong interest in law.
Whilst a Law degree would be advantageous, we’re not looking for a specific degree discipline, what’s more important is that you can bring your own enthusiasm and personal experience to help us deliver a superb service that ultimately improves public services for the benefit of everyone.
To be a future leader at Serco you must also have the following qualities:
- A passion for delivering essential public services
- A customer centric service ethos and a commercial mind-set
- An ability to show resilience and empathy in the face of adversity
- An entrepreneurial spirit and the will to make a difference
- The desire to learn, the tenacity to make things happen and the ambition to dictate your own progress, through hard work and self-development
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Hybrid, or partially remote
plus competitive benefits
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Please click on the apply button to visit our careers website and complete your application.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 29 June 2022
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 29 June 2022