Be the one to make a difference every day
Here at Serco, our Graduate Management Trainee Programme offers you an amazing launchpad for a fast-track management career within a global FTSE 250 company as well as a unique opportunity to be directly involved in delivering better public services.
We spend approximately £1.4bn globally with third party suppliers every year – and it’s our Procurement team that provides the innovative solutions that help us reduce cost, improve service and quality, and protect the business from risk. During your two-year programme you’ll spend time across our key teams, gaining exposure to the full procurement lifecycle and understanding what it takes to run a global procurement operation.
From day one you will be focussing on developing your capability to lead talented teams, build customer relationships, solve complex problems and communicate effectively. Most of your professional and technical development will be through on-the-job learning. You will also work towards a CIPS Level 4 Diploma in Procurement and Supply and
receive a wide range of additional training opportunities including project management and people management. Together these will develop your skills and capabilities in order to set you up for success on your path to be a future leader within Serco.
With the support of your colleagues, senior managers and a mentor, you’ll be given the autonomy and tools to innovate as you make a personal impact. Upon completion of this 2-year programme, you will be fully equipped to take on a role within Procurement that utilises your strengths, further enhances your skills and kickstarts a fantastic career.
What we offer
You’ll receive an annual salary of £27,000 for the duration of the programme along with an annual holiday entitlement of 25 days plus bank holidays.
Your physical, mental and social wellbeing is important and together, we have a joint responsibility for health and wellbeing at work. At the same time, we value your diversity and individuality and want to support your life choices whilst rewarding you for your commitment to Serco. This includes:
- Occupational Health and Wellbeing service, helping us provide a safe and healthy work environment for you;
- Employee Assistance Programme, providing advice, information, services and training to help and support you deal with events and issues in your work and personal life;
- Salary Sacrifice Cycle to work Scheme
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme providing you with the opportunity to purchase up to 5 days additional annual leave through salary sacrifice
- Fantastic travel, shopping, dining and entertainment savings and discounts; 25% discounted membership at Serco-operated leisure centres;
- Payroll giving scheme and volunteering policy, enabling you to support the causes most important to you;
- Commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion, including our employee support networks for women, ethnic minority, LGBT+ and disability;
- Workplace contributory pension scheme operated through salary sacrifice, enabling you to get ahead in planning and saving for your future; and
- Employer funded life assurance scheme
What we are looking for
It’s our goal to be the best managed business within the sector, and as our one of Graduates you’ll be bringing your curiosity, commercial mind-set, passion and ideas to help us achieve that.
With a business and a workforce as diverse as ours we’re not looking for a specific degree discipline, what’s more important is that you can bring your own personal experience to help us redesign and improve public services for the benefit of everyone. To be a future leader at Serco you must also have the following qualities:
- A passion for delivering essential public services
- A customer centric service ethos and a commercial mind-set
- An ability to show resilience and empathy in the face of adversity
- An entrepreneurial spirit and the will to make a difference
- The desire to learn, the tenacity to make things happen and the ambition to dictate your own progress, through hard work and self-development
Note: Our team supports teams across four global regions so some UK and international travel may be required.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Hybrid, or partially remote
- London · some international travel
plus competitive benefits
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Please click on the apply button to visit our careers website and complete your application.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 29 June 2022
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 29 June 2022